Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Lanes Download

Posted By: Dude Lebowski

Boat Lanes Download - 07/30/16 01:54 AM

Can anyone assist me with loading the boat lanes SD card on my Lowrance HDS-12 Gen 3? I try to follow the instructions but I cannot find the "Utilities" screen that is supposed to get me where I need to be. It does not come up when pushing the "Pages" button twice like the instructions say. I appreciate any help that I can get.
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Boat Lanes Download - 07/30/16 03:12 AM

Assuming you have the file on your SSD/MMC card.

Insert the card into the HDS unit. Turn the unit on.

Go to the FILEs setting. The card should show up in pull down. Click on the file ( boat lanes ) and look to the right side and I think it says IMPORT. Select it..

I'm doing this from memory, but I think that's how I did it.

Re: Boat Lanes Download - 07/30/16 04:28 AM

I figured it out but thanks for the response. Whoever wrote the instructions needs to consider being more concise about HDS Gen 3 menu items and how to get there. I'm still learning all the functions of this unit. thumb
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: Boat Lanes Download - 08/02/16 01:25 AM

So how did you do it? I'm trying to figure out how to install a boatlanes file that was an instant download from their website. As you mentioned, their instructions are outdated and probably work for units from 2008. I extracted the file from the zip file to an SD card, but once the card is inserted into the HDS 9 Gen 2 unit, it doesn't show up on the HDS Files screen. In fact, none of the files on the chip show up. Help!
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Boat Lanes Download - 08/02/16 06:02 PM

Took me several tries to figure it out myself. You have to unzip the files before downloading them to the card.

Re: Boat Lanes Download - 08/02/16 06:23 PM

If the files are not unzipped they will not show up. You have to go to "files" on the menu and the downloaded files on the SD card should show up. Then you can import them from there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum