Texas Fishing Forum

Marine NAV app for a Kindle Ipad

Posted By: V-Bottom

Marine NAV app for a Kindle Ipad - 07/22/16 05:18 PM

Wife got me this Ipad. Trying to find out what would be a good app. to load on it. (one covering the Galveston area)
I know some are Free and some not, but.....suggestions? thanx
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Marine NAV app for a Kindle Ipad - 07/22/16 06:11 PM

Navionics has them, it may cost you a few bucks. I have the one for inland lakes.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Marine NAV app for a Kindle Ipad - 07/22/16 06:58 PM

Look up Navionics in the App Store.

I have the Mobile app on an iPad, two Android tablets and three Android phones.

Re: Marine NAV app for a Kindle Ipad - 07/22/16 07:07 PM

Thanx >*)/////><(
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Marine NAV app for a Kindle Ipad - 07/22/16 07:14 PM

Cant go wrong with the Navionics app...tons of features from Natuical charts, Weather, dock to dock autorouting, depth adjustment, depth shading etc....great app.

Re: Marine NAV app for a Kindle Ipad - 07/22/16 11:02 PM

Not in my APP Store. Has a chart that requires a GPS. Cheap $4 but people have downloaded it on their Kindle and it's no good...bc of No GPS. Wife says I have a Kindle not an Ipad !!! These things are new to me so I'm flying blind.
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Marine NAV app for a Kindle Ipad - 07/23/16 02:33 AM

Navionics does not need GPS for you to view maps. If you can get it on the kindle it should open and work. You just can't use the route tracking or pinpoint your location without GPS.

Re: Marine NAV app for a Kindle Ipad - 07/23/16 03:14 PM

That's what I am looking for....one that will show me where I am on the water. I suppose I will use my IPhone. I have an app. called I-Sailor
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Marine NAV app for a Kindle Ipad - 07/25/16 04:02 PM

The same app is available for your IPhone if you are interested in seeing the bottom contours and depths of the areas you are in and not just the general waterway.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum