Texas Fishing Forum

Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota

Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/08/16 02:48 AM

Looks to be a cross between the Fortrex and Terrova Motors. Cable steer foot control with anchor mode electric steer.

I only hope that they incorporated the DI transducer into the motor....

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/07/05/breaking-news-new-game-changing-trolling-motor-minn-kota/

Posted By: TCK73

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/08/16 03:48 PM

Interesting. I wonder if there are plans to re vamp the Terrova and Ulterra to two antennas?

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/08/16 09:01 PM

Most likely would be my thoughts.

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/09/16 02:45 AM

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/09/16 03:50 AM

I've seen reports on it and it says it will have the built in sonar. Faster foot control than normal cable drives, take foot off the pedal and it will hold the course, adaptable to ipilot and ipilot link. Price 2100-2500. 24v and 36v
Posted By: Allan W

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/10/16 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: TCK73
Interesting. I wonder if there are plans to re vamp the Terrova and Ulterra to two antennas?

They need to...
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/10/16 10:57 PM

Wait until they have been out for a while and the online dealers will probably run some good prices on them. If you buy as soon as they hit the streets, plan on paying MSRP.
I bought my Riptide and both HBs online and saved a ton of money. No tax and free shipping adds up to money in your pocket.

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/11/16 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
Wait until they have been out for a while and the online dealers will probably run some good prices on them. If you buy as soon as they hit the streets, plan on paying MSRP.
I bought my Riptide and both HBs online and saved a ton of money. No tax and free shipping adds up to money in your pocket.

Risky purchasing thru this source....They are on Humminbirds radar...

http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/FactoryOutlet/

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/11/16 11:56 AM

Humminbird only states that they are an independent retailer, not that there are any issues with buying from them. That said, I don't know why anyone who has done any online price checking would buy from them. If there are retailers who are on HB's "black list", I would think a call to HB would disclose if there would be any warranty issues buying from them and it doesn't take that long to make a phone call

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/12/16 04:06 AM

https://www.facebook.com/ScottMartinChallengeTV/videos/1109475805785040/

Holding with-in 1-2 feet. It was strongly stated that it is the most accurate spot lock system "EVER" on the market today and If I am following this correctly it has the GPS antenna in the head unit as well as a External Heading Sensor GPS Antenna for two GPS antennas.... That is a bonus thumbs up!!!!

Sounding pretty darn good to me fellas...
Posted By: Allan W

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/12/16 06:42 PM

They have the reinvented spot lock coming fall of 2016 (probably more like Feb/Mar of 2017) to all the i pilot / i pilot link models. Hope they make it available to update existing units...
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/14/16 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Risky purchasing thru this source....They are on Humminbirds radar...

http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/FactoryOutlet/

Actually looks better than buying from humminbirds REAL store. Humminbirds real store only sells reconditioned and seconds. This unofficial store more than likely sells new...not refurbs. And likely cheaper too. Haha

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/14/16 12:53 AM

Not cheaper.. Do some price checks. Hodges Marine and Star Marine are a couple of places I found with cheaper prices. At one time the argument for buying local was the "service after the sale", but you are going to be referred to the factory for any equipment issues anyway, so there is no reason not to buy where you get the most bang for the buck.

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/14/16 01:25 AM

Retail:

The Minn Kota Ultrex product line-up will consist of numerous i-Pilot- or i-Pilot Link- and US2-enabled combos, including 24-volt 80 lbs. thrust and 36-volt 112 lbs. thrust versions in 45”, 52” and 60” shaft lengths. Product available in late fall, 2016. Ultrex MSRP: $2199.99 - $2799.99
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/14/16 02:31 PM

I hope this thing lives up to the expectations. I've been tempted to throw my Terrova in the lake a few times. I guess the sign to look for is to see how many pros are using it.

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/14/16 08:56 PM

The sign to look for is how many pros are still using it after a year.
Posted By: buton

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/14/16 09:38 PM

The sign to look for is how many pros are still using it after a year.

i dont think a pro will have the time to use all the fancy features.

they are old dogs and old dogs dont learn new tricks or want to change.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/15/16 01:16 AM

New Terrova also

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Who-We-Are...rrova-for-2017/
Posted By: Scott A.

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/15/16 02:17 AM

NICE!

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/15/16 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel

Finally, I will be in the market when they come out.
Posted By: Jones Trolling Motor

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/16/16 07:15 PM

If it's dependable and will work as advertised, it will be on the front of many pros boats. This is a motor that will change deepwater fishing with the improved spot lock feature, yet give the faster steering response and actual feel of a footpedal. Ridge fishing, for example, is about to change.

In response to another post, there is no Humminbird, MinnKota, Motorguide, Lowrance factory supported factory outlet stores. This (and many other web based businesses) is a website type store that has no affiliation with any of the above except they sell their product. As stated, these units are new, and for now, units not purchased from an actual dealer are still covered under the factory warranty. The manufacturer is trying to shut these websites down, even to the point of backtracking serial numbers (from rebates, warranties, etc.) to the distributors/suppliers of these websites and discontinuing shipments of product to the distributors.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/25/16 06:01 PM

Bret Hite is using one
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/25/16 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterDon
Bret Hite is using one

He wasn't in the Classic Bracket event fishing againt KVD on Friday, he had a 360 clamped to his Fortrex.
http://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/championship-friday-hite

Koby Krieger was using one in that event fishing against KVD on Thursday. He was using a Fortrex the day before.

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/25/16 10:36 PM

Can anyone answer why Minn Kota does not offer the Riptide Terrova or Riptide Ulterra in a 112 lb with I- link? They only have them up to 80 lbs. you can get them with I-pilot, just not I-link. I asked the support line at MK, and all I got was "Sorry, we don't offer that model". It seems like it would be an easy thing to offer to me.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/25/16 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: TCK73
Can anyone answer why Minn Kota does not offer the Riptide Terrova or Riptide Ulterra in a 112 lb with I- link? They only have them up to 80 lbs. you can get them with I-pilot, just not I-link. I asked the support line at MK, and all I got was "Sorry, we don't offer that model". It seems like it would be an easy thing to offer to me.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Trolling-Motors/Saltwater-Bow-Mount/Riptide-ST/

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota - 07/25/16 11:42 PM

I have looked at that, and it only lets you select 80 lb when you have selected I link. I messaged MK customer service, and they verified that, but would not elaborate as to why. It seems to me it would only be a different RFI card in the head, heck I don't know. It's kinda a bummer when you want it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum