Texas Fishing Forum

HB troubleshooting help

Posted By: HaulinBass02

HB troubleshooting help - 06/27/16 01:23 PM

Is there anyone with a Humminbird HDSI transducer on their boat that can meet me at Eagle Mountain or Lake Worth this week?
I had my 998 looked at by Boris Marine and they told me it was working in their tank. Went to Ray Roberts Saturday and it was doing the same thing as before where the SI and DI were not working. I have already done a troubleshoot before with another working unit and it appeared that my setup on the boat was fine but now I am wondering again if the transducer might be broken.
Any help to troubleshoot would be much appreciated.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: HB troubleshooting help - 06/27/16 02:07 PM

You can test with a Compact SI transducer also if someone has that version.
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: HB troubleshooting help - 06/27/16 02:10 PM

Yup, I thought we had eliminated the transducer as the culprit but know I'm not so sure. It worked with another member's Helix 12 hooked up but didn't when hooked up to his good transducer. I have to wait until tomorrow to find out from Boris Marine what exactly it showed image-wise on their test tank transducer........
Posted By: toofy

Re: HB troubleshooting help - 06/30/16 02:38 AM

I have a Helix 12 SI with that transducer. My boat is going to get worked on tomorrow and will probably be out for 2 weeks. If you haven't figured it out by then I should have my boat back and I'm happy to help. I usually have my boat on a dock lift at Eagle Mountain. Are you wanting to plug in your unit to another boat/transducer? Or plug in my unit to yours?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum