Texas Fishing Forum

Boat cover

Posted By: SALLYSUE

Boat cover - 06/26/16 05:49 PM

Needing to buy a boat cover anybody have any thoughts which one to get
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Boat cover - 06/26/16 10:12 PM

SO many choices! One made for trailering, ones just to protect it in the yard, a really lightweight one just to keep bugs out.

There are a lot of options. I don't use one while trailering anymore. Had a bad experience and because it wavered in the wind, it really took the finish off the boat.

Often mine is a a lift and I just want something really light to keep teh bugs out. For 3 years I have been looking for someone to make a custom one for me out of tyvek, but no one wants to take on the project.

I tend to buy an average semi-fitted cover. Works well and I don't have to leave my boat somewhere while they custom cut a cover.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Boat cover - 06/27/16 12:08 AM

You may want to look at Carver Covers, they have semi fitted covers and offer them in a variety of fabrics depending on your needs. If you want full on custom, there is a guy in the DFW area that will come to your place and measure and fit your boat for one. I had him do one for my Champion and it was great. I don't recall his name, but if interested, somebody on here will.
Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: Boat cover - 06/27/16 12:21 AM

Just need one to keep the sun and trash out
Posted By: jlhtec

Re: Boat cover - 06/28/16 12:42 AM

For just sun and trash, just about anything will work.

Capt Craig nailed it... so many choices and materials. I made a cockpit cover for a customer a few years ago. He only wanted Sunbrella. Unfortunately, Sunbrella has no abrasion resistance, so a backing anywhere it touches the boat is mandatory. Was kinda pricey.

Jeff

[url=[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jlhtec/media/Boat/DSC00025.jpg.html][/url]][/url]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum