Texas Fishing Forum

Minn Kota Rebate Promotions!

Posted By: Ahighguy

Minn Kota Rebate Promotions! - 06/20/16 09:19 PM

Hello Everyone!I recently made a purchased of a Minn Kota MK-318PC onboard battery charger from an online store but when it came to register the unit thru Minn Kota for rebate it was denied cause of the serial numbers was invalid. I've contact Minn Kota via telephone they told me the same thing the serial were not even recognized or valid so i'm out of getting a rebate. Just wondering has anyone run into the same problems. Thanks in advance for any input or help!
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Minn Kota Rebate Promotions! - 06/21/16 02:06 AM

What online store did you use? If you don't mind sharing.
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Minn Kota Rebate Promotions! - 06/21/16 06:51 PM

I bought one in April and just received my $50 rebate VISA card today. The tag was attached to the POWER Cord, which had the serial # on it.

Not that this helps you, but it worked fine for me.

Re: Minn Kota Rebate Promotions! - 06/21/16 10:50 PM

I bought it from HodgesMarine.Com. I apologize if i violate any forum rules to post the company name if i do please delete my post.
Posted By: Luke98

Re: Minn Kota Rebate Promotions! - 06/22/16 03:12 AM

Is minn Kota saying its a fake ? ( not a MK product )

Re: Minn Kota Rebate Promotions! - 06/22/16 03:38 AM

I have had customers send in the rebate form using the model number and not the serial number. They will not honor it. The serial number as jfdawson has stated above is on the power cord.

HodgesMarine are not on Johnson Outdoors radar as an un-authorized dealer so that should not be the issue.

Re: Minn Kota Rebate Promotions! - 06/22/16 01:49 PM

Yup! I did used the 11 digits serial number from the unit power cord and matching serial from the box but for some reason MK is having issues getting some of the charger serial numbers to validate. I have not heard of a fake but who knows! The good new is their Technical Service Support teams will looks into it.

Re: Minn Kota Rebate Promotions! - 06/22/16 07:52 PM

Don't fret it. I had a similar issue with some Humminbird rebates last year. There was a bug in their software that was corrupting serial numbers or something to that nature. They worked it out and all eventually went through.

I am sure they will get it resolved for ya.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum