Texas Fishing Forum

I Pilot Questions

Posted By: lonestar

I Pilot Questions - 05/25/16 03:00 PM

I have a 24V I Pilot and when using, it will sometimes not respond to remote. When trying to move it sometimes will not turn or may not turn off or on when trying to move. I can be standing right next to motor or at back of boat, doesn't matter. Also, some times when it is on anchor or spot lock it will just turn off and I lose my spot. Brand new batteries on motor. Any advice on what it might be?
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: I Pilot Questions - 05/25/16 04:01 PM

I have had the same thing happen from time to time. Even after putting in a new battery. It could be a software issue, but I have replaced a new battery with another new battery and had the problem resolve. Also, I remove the battery on the water and then just put it back in to resolve it.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: I Pilot Questions - 05/25/16 04:45 PM

Mine does this a lot. I hate it, and it can get you in a bind while maneuvering in tight quarters. I'm debating going to a Xi5
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: I Pilot Questions - 05/25/16 05:21 PM

Might try to make sure the battery is making good contact with the contacts inside the remote. Is this the regular I pilot or link?
Posted By: UJC

Re: I Pilot Questions - 05/25/16 05:36 PM

This might help. The Terrova takes a 2450 lithium battery BUT not all batteries are created equal. I had intermittent problems too, swapped new batteries, removed battery/place right back in on the water to make it work, etc. Then after some research, I got the 2450N. It is a little complicated but read this. I'd suggest reading post 18 and click the OPs 'here' for a full description.

I got my 'N' at Radio Shack.
Posted By: buton

Re: I Pilot Questions - 05/25/16 05:45 PM

my ipilot has work without problems. just give a call to humminbird they have some good customer service.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: I Pilot Questions - 05/25/16 06:45 PM

I had intermittent problems with mine. Usually it was something interfering. I upgraded to the link and it resolved my problem. I never had it happen up close to the unit though. I'd contact Minn Kota
Posted By: lonestar

Re: I Pilot Questions - 05/26/16 01:04 AM

It is a regular I Pilot, not link. I carry an extra battery for remote but have not changed it recently. Need to look for a "N" and try that. Thanks for the replies!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum