Texas Fishing Forum

Running 2 SI transducers Bow & Stern??

Posted By: JiggRip

Running 2 SI transducers Bow & Stern?? - 04/25/16 08:35 PM

Wanting to move my 898 from my console to the bow so I can see 360 which is on the TM. Bought a used 997 with an interlink to go in the console. The 997 plugged right in and is working fine. What i'm wondering is if I use another SI transducer on the trolling motor, will the two units show interference from each other??? I know I could turn the unit in the console off while i'm on the bow, but the guy in the back likes to see whats under him too... Anyone running identical SI transducers front and rear?
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Running 2 SI transducers Bow & Stern?? - 04/25/16 11:44 PM

I am and do not have any issues.
Posted By: Kev-o

Re: Running 2 SI transducers Bow & Stern?? - 04/26/16 01:06 AM

I run a 1198 at the bow with a transducer on the trolling motor and a 998 at the console with a transducer on the stern, the units are interlinked with no interference. The only time I get interference is when I don't stop the pinging on the 360. I'll get inference with my side imaging.
Posted By: JiggRip

Re: Running 2 SI transducers Bow & Stern?? - 04/26/16 06:41 PM

Thanks for the responses. Kev-O it sounds like your set up exactly like i'm gonna be.
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Running 2 SI transducers Bow & Stern?? - 04/28/16 03:22 AM

I run both. In water less than 10 ft I never see interference. In deeper water I do see some at times. Not enough to make me want to turn it off.
Posted By: Kevin D.

Re: Running 2 SI transducers Bow & Stern?? - 04/30/16 04:26 AM

I run both also because Rickmb told me I could - and he was right.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Running 2 SI transducers Bow & Stern?? - 04/30/16 12:02 PM

Any units operating in the same frequency will cross-talk when their sonar pulses overlap. It can be on the same boat or different boats.

This is 360 cross-talk on my unit from another 360 unit nearby:

Posted By: jimham82

Re: Running 2 SI transducers Bow & Stern?? - 05/10/16 12:40 AM

When I turn the big motor off to fish, I turn off the sonar at the console (hit power button, then "sonar off"). This eliminates the interference up front for my 360.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum