Texas Fishing Forum

helix 7 help

Posted By: Paul Marshall

helix 7 help - 04/13/16 07:45 PM

I installed a helix 7 in Oct. Due to some health issues I was not able to put the boat in the water until a week ago. I did power the unit up in the shop. I mounted the transducer on the jack plate via a transducer shield and saver bracket per instruction. when I finally got on the water the DI screen was totally black and the side imaging would only come from the right side and it was a very poor image. Anyone with any Ideas or suggestions before I call the hummingbird techs.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: helix 7 help - 04/13/16 08:16 PM

Low voltage, poor installation, rats/mice ate the insulation off the cable, or bad transducer.

Re: helix 7 help - 04/13/16 09:09 PM

voltage is 12.6, install is good, no rats or mice around so guess it's the transducer. Any way to check the Transducer?
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: helix 7 help - 04/13/16 10:27 PM

If you know someone with a Side Imaging unit (Helix or number series), you can cross-test the unit on their transducer and their unit on your transducer.

BTW, the Down Imaging view is the two SI pulses blended to create that view.

Before you get too far, try a Restore Defaults in the Setup menu.

Re: helix 7 help - 04/13/16 11:55 PM

ok, I'll give the restore a shot Thank you for some options to look at.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: helix 7 help - 04/14/16 12:27 AM

If you can't get to work let me know, we can track down the issue

Re: helix 7 help - 04/14/16 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel
If you can't get to work let me know, we can track down the issue

I am going to try to get out this weekend and check it out. I may give you a shout next week if I can't get it. Thanks for the offer.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: helix 7 help - 04/14/16 06:10 PM

One thing you can do before you go to the Lake is take the transducer loose from bracket and put it in a bucket of water and see if you get an image on both sides of the si if you don't then it's most likely gonna be transducer or the head unit or even y cable. Good luck
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum