Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Units

Posted By: D_Taylor4

Lowrance Units - 04/01/16 03:29 PM

New to the whole "Graph" thing. I have been watching videos on learning how to read my sonar and structure scan. I have a HDS 9 Gen 2 Touch, and a Elite 7 HDI. Can anyone give me any hints or tips, or even videos that y'all have watched to improve.Thanks for all the help.
Posted By: TxRanger1

Re: Lowrance Units - 04/01/16 11:06 PM

GPS City
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Lowrance Units - 04/01/16 11:46 PM

Two things:

1) Step through every single menu option; investigate (via manuals or google search) what each one is for if you do not understand. Sadly, the user manuals are incomplete in this area. Shame on Lowrance for charging premium $$$ without proper documentation in support of the user. (This is a critical review, not a bashing, as I own numerous Lowrance units.)
2) Watch You-tube videos. There are a lot of them. You'll find some channels are better for information than others as you begin watching them.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lowrance Units - 04/02/16 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Flippin-Out
Two things:

1) Step through every single menu option; investigate (via manuals or google search) what each one is for if you do not understand. Sadly, the user manuals are incomplete in this area. Shame on Lowrance for charging premium $$$ without proper documentation in support of the user. (This is a critical review, not a bashing, as I own numerous Lowrance units.)
2) Watch You-tube videos. There are a lot of them. You'll find some channels are better for information than others as you begin watching them.

Amen, go through it. Every single option to learn what it does and read multiple forums to learn more. The manual is now built into the graph in the "files" page, I just don't know if it's the original manual or if it's updated to the new changes.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lowrance Units - 04/02/16 02:01 AM

Also, where do you live?
Posted By: D_Taylor4

Re: Lowrance Units - 04/06/16 06:04 PM

Sorry that I am just getting back to you put I live in Orange, TX. So I am either at Rayburn Or Toledo most weekends. I also fish the Sabine river.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Lowrance Units - 04/09/16 11:41 AM

Is there a good electronics guide in your area? It's a little more expense but a good instructor can get you up to speed a lot faster and get your units tuned in. I was a little hesitant about using one but then compared the cost of the guide against the cost of the units and it wasn't so much after all. Just an idea you might consider.
Posted By: rvrrat14

Re: Lowrance Units - 04/10/16 03:24 PM

Lowrance HDS 7 gen 2 touch on good sales/rebates now. Also, get the Insight Planner software where you can d/l Google Earth data straight to your Lowrance unit.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum