Texas Fishing Forum

Minn Kota Maxxum 101 cutting out

Posted By: redskeet100

Minn Kota Maxxum 101 cutting out - 03/07/16 04:19 PM

Guys, just curious if anybody else ran into this and found a fix without having to remove the trolling motor and take it in to get fixed. Basically what happened, wife got hung up, went in shallow to get her unstuck, and hit bottom while try to move the boat. After that, when I would turn it to the right, it will cut out. I have to turn it back and forth several times and then it works again until I go right again. Last time this happened, I took it in and they cleaned the brushes and it worked fine for several years. I am just wondering if anybody has an easier way to get it working again. Think I might just buy a new one, but thought I would check as usually someone has run into the problem I am having.
Posted By: Baylor_Guy�

Re: Minn Kota Maxxum 101 cutting out - 03/07/16 04:52 PM

Might be something as simple as a pinched wire in the footpedal or control box cover.
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Minn Kota Maxxum 101 cutting out - 03/07/16 05:40 PM

I looked over the wiring, foot pedal, fuses...etc This is exact same problem I had before and it was due to brushes, so I am thinking they may need to be replaced. I just haven't done it myself and hate to have to pull off the motor and take it in. Anybody ever replace the brushes in their Minn kota?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum