Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin Sonar

Posted By: Cactusflyr

Garmin Sonar - 02/18/16 11:45 AM

Figured Garmin needs a thread...will start it out with this, slabbing for these 7 to 8 inch sandbass shown in livevu down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27UkC4fMeL8
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Garmin Sonar - 02/18/16 12:11 PM

Nice!! I've had my Panoptix since November and learn something every time I take it out.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Garmin Sonar - 02/18/16 05:10 PM

Now that's playing video games. Way better than traditional sonar. I would have a blast with a drop shot but it would ruin me from anything but watching the graph.

Re: Garmin Sonar - 02/18/16 10:09 PM

It's actually pretty cool watching them surround your bait. I recorded this on my ipad so didn't record any catches, but thats neat as well.

Re: Garmin Sonar - 03/30/16 02:32 PM

Enjoy........
Posted By: Superslab

Re: Garmin Sonar - 04/05/16 01:49 AM

I just updated my 93sv and 53dv units with the new 3.0 software and now have the QuickDraw self contour mapping capability. Is anyone using QuickDraw? If so, any likes or dislikes?

Re: Garmin Sonar - 04/06/16 05:27 AM

Havent really used it...all the lakes I have been on are max def. May head out to the lbj grasslands and give it a try soon though.
Posted By: Superslab

Re: Garmin Sonar - 04/06/16 11:28 PM

Ok - please comment on your results - thanks. I'll do the same once I give it a try.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Garmin Sonar - 04/07/16 12:15 AM

I've been using QuickDraw on several lakes since November. Most of the recording has been with Panoptix transducer. Recently I've been using my downvu ducer and can't tell a lot of difference. I have discovered a few humps that I've fished over many times and didn't know they were there. Works better if you can work it with a grid pattern.

SE Kansas grass grower

Re: Garmin Sonar - 04/16/16 01:55 AM

Out near hackberry creek today on lewisville. Cool video of catch. The rest of his buddies chase him to surface
Posted By: D-lee

Re: Garmin Sonar - 04/22/16 06:36 PM

From what I've seen most are disappointed in it .time consuming& I did software update to haven't used it yet.

Re: Garmin Sonar - 04/25/16 10:26 PM

Hybrid zigs and zags on the fight up this morning

Posted By: BKT

Re: Garmin Sonar - 04/28/16 12:52 AM

So the horizontal number line is the distance left or right from the boat and the verticle is how deep or how far in front of the boat?

Re: Garmin Sonar - 04/29/16 07:26 AM

How deep. This is the downview live. Need the fowardview live to look out forward and around.....mounted on trolling motor. Dont use it much for whites. But here it is. Use it for blacks... depth and distance scales. Boat was really rocking so its a bit wavey.

Re: Garmin Sonar - 05/04/16 09:37 PM

Couple of pics from this weeks fun.......

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum