Texas Fishing Forum

Gps on HB

Posted By: Curtbass

Gps on HB - 02/15/16 07:29 PM

I helped a buddy mount a HB 998 on his boat with external GPS puck. It was fine on the previous boat. While using it last week on Joe Pool it would say No Gps position found & would not show contour lines. Used again on Arlington & contour lines worked but once again No Gps Position found. It does show the lake & he has the Lakemaster card in the right side slot. Should it be in left side or is this some other problem. GPS puck is mounted on back stern port side flat surface. We mounted it in the same place as I've seen many others mounted. Sonar,SI,& all other functions work great. Prolly something I did or didn't do right.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Gps on HB - 02/15/16 10:01 PM

make sure the connector is seated all the way in the cable collector. One way to test is take the cable collector apart and plug the power cable in the back of the unit directly then plug the gps cable hold them in by hand and see if the unit is getting a signal, make sure pins are not bent also
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Gps on HB - 02/16/16 12:28 AM

Will check it that way to make sure pins are ok & we have good connections.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Gps on HB - 02/23/16 11:22 PM

Turn the unit on and go to the page where it shows the satellite tracking and see if it is locking on.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Gps on HB - 02/24/16 12:37 AM

This is the view to check:

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum