Texas Fishing Forum

Best Way to clean Graph connectors

Posted By: parttime

Best Way to clean Graph connectors - 02/12/16 06:23 PM

Hey guys, what is the best way to clean the connectors on a graph?
Posted By: MtnHm203

Re: Best Way to clean Graph connectors - 02/14/16 11:38 AM

I use Contact Cleaner, then a blow gun, then re coat with Silicone Dielectric grease.
Posted By: Charlesg35

Re: Best Way to clean Graph connectors - 02/14/16 02:28 PM

If they are corroded, spray with a foaming bathroom cleaner, rinse with contact cleaner, or just warm water. DON'T use brake cleaner products they may melt the connector plastics.
As noted above squeeze in some dielectric grease.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Best Way to clean Graph connectors - 02/14/16 03:07 PM

Spray contact & connector cleaner - specific product for said use. It's something you can get at electrical supply stores, Northern Tool, etc.

I'm not so sure I'd want to spray bathroom or other household cleaning products into an electrical contact point as some have chlorine which can be very caustic to the surface coatings. If you decide to do so, be sure to rinse well with running water. Dry with a hair dryer and allow more time before adding any dielectric grease as you could trap moisture/chemicals in the connector. This message is brought to you by your friendly BSEE fisherman.....
Posted By: CDF

Re: Best Way to clean Graph connectors - 02/15/16 07:40 PM

I use corrosion x. The one that is specifically made for electrical. I take my boat to the saltwater several times a year and it really works.
Posted By: Rubberdown

Re: Best Way to clean Graph connectors - 02/15/16 08:28 PM

Can you just spray it down with dielectric and plug it in?
Posted By: parttime

Re: Best Way to clean Graph connectors - 02/22/16 06:41 PM

Thanks guys!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum