Texas Fishing Forum

Two Boats Question

Posted By: Pilothawk

Two Boats Question - 02/12/16 03:05 PM

I really need to upgrade my electronics. I have a bass boat and a pontoon from which I fish a fair amount. The bass boat has to be launched but the 'toon stays in the water from April thru October.

I have a helix five inch with side imaging on the bass boat trolling motor. I also have a couple of five inch lowrance 5, and a lms522C. They were given to me...but I need transducers for them.

What I am wondering is how practical it would be to get the Helix 10, buy an extra transducer. Mount the HD version on the bass boat, the out of the box ducer on the pontoon. Then depending which boat I was taking out I could switch out the Helix unit to use? Would that be at all practical?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Two Boats Question - 02/12/16 03:26 PM

The Helix 10 SI GPS comes with the HDSI transducer.

Practical is better than purchasing two units. Just need a transducer and power cord.
XHS 9 HDSI 180 T and PC-11 plus the cable collector.

Then you would have to duplicate how it is mounted. A RAM or similar mount would be easier than another gimbal mount.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Two Boats Question - 02/12/16 03:48 PM

I Have two boat setup as well and switch em from boat to boat is the best way to go.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Two Boats Question - 02/13/16 01:05 AM

If I had two boats, that is exactly what I would do. It's a 2 or 3 minute swap that saves a ton of money.
Posted By: Capt Jerry

Re: Two Boats Question - 02/13/16 01:18 AM

I swap my console unit between two boats. I like it because my waypoints move with it.

Ram mount, power cord and a transducer does it for my Lowrance unit.
Posted By: Mike @ Fishing Specialties

Re: Two Boats Question - 02/15/16 03:00 PM

If you were to use a removable transducer mount assembly from Fishingspecialties.com you could easily mount the transducer on each boat. Just get the removable baseplate option (1 for each of the 2 boats) and move your transducer with just 4 thumbscrews. System works really well.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: Two Boats Question - 02/15/16 05:02 PM

Mike...how would that work?

The pontoon stays in the lake all season except for one mid season pontoon scrubbing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum