Texas Fishing Forum

Best Fish Finder Brand?

Posted By: Dylinapickl15

Best Fish Finder Brand? - 02/09/16 11:23 PM

What brand would you say is tops when it comes to fish finders? I'm thinking about my next move.
Posted By: Cactusflyr

Re: Best Fish Finder Brand? - 02/09/16 11:35 PM

I just switched from humminbird to garmin....like the results so far.
Posted By: Roll Tide Ranger

Re: Best Fish Finder Brand? - 02/10/16 12:06 AM

I'm not sure one is really better than the other anymore. I run Lowrance simply because that is what I am used to.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Best Fish Finder Brand? - 02/10/16 07:45 AM

i think it depends on the features that you want. I lile humminbird but Garmin has been making a push recently. it could all be differnt depending on when you make the move.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Best Fish Finder Brand? - 02/10/16 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
i think it depends on the features that you want. I lile humminbird but Garmin has been making a push recently. it could all be differnt depending on when you make the move.

I switched from Lowrance to Bird. I am very happy with the shallow water SI results. I switched for that and so I could link my I Pilot to the graph.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Best Fish Finder Brand? - 02/10/16 12:23 PM

They all make really good products. For ease of use, it's pretty hard to beat Garmin.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Dylinapickl15

Re: Best Fish Finder Brand? - 02/13/16 07:52 AM

Thanks for the thoughts. Guess I'll just have to pick one finally
Posted By: Kev-o

Re: Best Fish Finder Brand? - 02/14/16 07:53 PM

If your friends have boats look at their units and ask them to show you how they operate, you can always go to BPS, Cabela's or another store and use the display units and ask questions and of course what Bobby Milam said what features are you looking for?? And of course budget. I'm partial to Hbirds and getting ready to add the Bow Mount 360 Imaging to my boat. You can always call the manufacturer and ask them questions.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum