screen shot from a garmin - 01/31/16 02:52 AM

1040xs

Posted By: ring fry

Re: screen shot from a garmin - 01/31/16 11:54 AM

Nice.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: txtider

Re: screen shot from a garmin - 01/31/16 03:45 PM

Garmin will be my next unit ! Awesome shots!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: screen shot from a garmin - 01/31/16 04:31 PM

Surely you don't have something setup correctly. That sonar is horrible, I understand the DI being blurry with the somewhat slow speeds but they are not impressive.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: screen shot from a garmin - 01/31/16 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Surely you don't have something setup correctly. That sonar is horrible, I understand the DI being blurry with the somewhat slow speeds but they are not impressive.

Show me your screen shots??

Re: screen shot from a garmin - 02/01/16 02:33 AM

Not trying to be mean, just saying that your sonar isn't setup right or something. I've seen some really great sonar pics on BBC so I know you can get your sonar dialed in better than what you're currently getting. RingFry is some kind of prostaffer, surely he can give you a pointer on getting better looking sonar. If he can't, then check out the Garmin forum at bbc and those guys will get onto to some awesome setup.

You do have chirp, right?

I don't have too many where I'm going less than 1mph.

Posted By: ring fry

Re: screen shot from a garmin - 02/01/16 01:27 PM

Coach, I just test units for Garmin so I'm not a pro staffer or someone that is all knowing. BY A LONG SHOT!! But the one thing I have noticed is that if you are standing still or barely moving, as you shots are, they do blur some. And your gain or contrast might be a little high.

SE Kansas grass grower

Re: screen shot from a garmin - 02/01/16 02:04 PM

Oh I agree about blurry DI/DI images at slow speeds. It's his sonar that needs some tweaking though, we both know Garmin is much better than that.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: screen shot from a garmin - 02/01/16 02:56 PM

okay thanks ring fry..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum