Texas Fishing Forum

Question about mounts for graphs

Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Question about mounts for graphs - 01/30/16 04:56 PM

Getting ready to mount a new graph on my boat. Lowrance 12 inch. I was told ram mount is the way to go. I have never had a swivel mount before. I would appreciate any ideas and suggestions. Thanks
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 01/30/16 07:07 PM

For me, I really could not find a reason to use a ram mount. I didn't need it to rotate or to raise it. The mount that came with my unit worked perfectly to mount it to my console. Guess it just depends on where you want it located and your individual needs. If I needed another mount, the ram mount is about as versatile as you can get.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 01/30/16 09:51 PM

I use the 2.25" Ram mount for my HDS 12.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 01/30/16 10:59 PM

I used a Cisco Systems mount for my Onix 10 at the console. Works great. Still using the large Ram mount at the bow.

http://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.com/shop/silver-sure-lok-electronics-mount-27061

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 01/30/16 11:19 PM

Thanks guys it sounds like the big ram mount is the one.
Posted By: Retired Fisherman

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 01/31/16 01:46 AM

I have this one on my front mount & like it.

http://www.balzoutllc.com
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 01/31/16 02:02 AM

It is my understanding that the balzout mount requires a mounting surface that is horizontal (0 degree angle in any direction) or perpendicular (90 degree angled surface), and that a 45 degree angled spot on the side of a shaped console will not work. In other words, the mount is not fully articulated like a RAM ball is. Can anyone confirm this?
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 02/01/16 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Retired Fisherman
I have this one on my front mount & like it.

http://www.balzoutllc.com

I have two of these. One for a HDS 12 and one for a HDS 7. Solid as a rock. Zero vibration. Look cool too! coolio

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 02/02/16 09:20 PM

I like the way that balzout looks. Is it aluminum?
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 02/02/16 09:35 PM

AL and SS.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 02/02/16 11:53 PM

I replaced my bow ram mount with a balzout for my 1199 and it is rock solid. It takes a little more time to get it adjusted than the ram but for a bigger graph it is a lot better than the ram mount I had. It adjusts to almost all the positions my ram mount.
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 02/03/16 12:24 AM

I've always heard the more rigid the mount the more vibration/stress directly on the unit and that Ram mounts absorb the vibration/stress better so less on the unit. Makes sense to me.
Posted By: G Rod

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 02/03/16 01:00 AM

The balzout is what I would suggest. It is fully articulated in 30 degree increments and is solid as the come.

Re: Question about mounts for graphs - 02/03/16 11:48 PM

I like the way thise new Balzout mounts look. All aluminum.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum