Texas Fishing Forum

Bass boat gauges

Posted By: Chris_K

Bass boat gauges - 01/16/16 03:54 PM

All the gauges on the 1996 jaguar I just purchased do not work. The electronic panel doesn't work and I assume they aren't getting power. I plan on running a power wire directly from the battery to a toggle and then to the gauges. My question is this, does the ground need to be connected to the ground coming from the battery or does it actually need to be grounded to something metal? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Bass boat gauges - 01/16/16 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: It's a giant!
All the gauges on the 1996 jaguar I just purchased do not work. The electronic panel doesn't work and I assume they aren't getting power. I plan on running a power wire directly from the battery to a toggle and then to the gauges. My question is this, does the ground need to be connected to the ground coming from the battery or does it actually need to be grounded to something metal? Thanks in advance!

Your boat does not have a metal body/frame like a car/truck has. There is no "ground", just negative connections to the - battery post.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Bass boat gauges - 01/16/16 05:02 PM

The wires to the senders should be direct wires straight back to units correct? They wouldn't be part of a harness or anything would they?
Posted By: MIKE SANDERS

Re: Bass boat gauges - 01/23/16 03:30 PM

Those dashes go out and are not supported for parts or repair.Bass Cat has a replacement kit with analog gauges and A 10 touch pad to replace.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum