Texas Fishing Forum

Hummingbird 360

Posted By: treeguyus

Hummingbird 360 - 01/07/16 11:14 AM

What are the thoughts on this technology? How deep is it effective in seeing bottom images? Thinking about adding this to my rig for walleye fishing. I realize the bass guys really like it.

Thanks
Posted By: Streetwalker

Re: Hummingbird 360 - 01/07/16 03:55 PM

I have it and it works quite well. As far as how deep? I've used mine in 50' of water.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Hummingbird 360 - 01/07/16 04:14 PM

The 360 is basically Side Imaging that rotates. It has two Side Imaging crystals just like a Side Imaging transducer has.
The spec depth range is 150'.
It can use used for Side Imaging and Down Imaging, the 360 stops rotating and orients the two SI crystals left and right to do that.

It is compatible with Ethernet capable 2D, DI, and SI models of the XX9, and Helix units and the SI Ethernet compatible models in the XX8 series of 800, 900, and 1100 units.
The 360 is an Ethernet accessory and needs at least a 2D sonar source for depth.

It is connected either directly to a display or to a 5-port Ethernet switch to be shared.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Hummingbird 360 - 01/07/16 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: treeguyus
What are the thoughts on this technology? How deep is it effective in seeing bottom images? Thinking about adding this to my rig for walleye fishing. I realize the bass guys really like it.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Unmatched technology...The many members including myself with-in the Crappie club I am associated with have started using the 360 bow system with fantastic results. Shallow water spider rigging and deep 30'-40' water in the winter.

Let me know if you are interested in getting one. I would be happy to assist you with a quote.

David @ shut-up-and-fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum