Texas Fishing Forum

Where to mount LSS-1 sensor on Ranger boat?

Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Where to mount LSS-1 sensor on Ranger boat? - 12/25/15 03:43 PM

I have a 2004 ranger 195vs boat. I upgraded the graphs 5 years and installed everything for structure scan but the LSS-1 sensor, I have it but never mounted it. Earlier this week my HDS7 gen 1 graph on the bow died so I bought a HDS9 GEN 3. I would really like to mount the LSS1 transducer and start using structure scan but I don't want to mount it incorrectly and end up with unwanted holes in my hull!
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Where to mount LSS-1 sensor on Ranger boat? - 12/25/15 04:41 PM

If you have a jack plate, that is the perfect place to mount it. If you go to bassboatcentral.com and look in the Lowrance sonar section there is a whole series of how tos along with many pics. Maybe you will find your exact boat with pics and easy instructions.
Posted By: Jig-N-Spoon

Re: Where to mount LSS-1 sensor on Ranger boat? - 12/26/15 02:41 AM

I mounted mine on a 2005 521 SVX under the built in set back. Nice flat area to screw into to and it works great. Very protected with very little chance of hitting something and relatively plumb when at idle.

Good luck. You might want to be sure the LSS 1 will work with Gen 3. I think it will but you need to verify.

'spoon
Posted By: Mike2718

Re: Where to mount LSS-1 sensor on Ranger boat? - 12/26/15 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Dayne
If you have a jack plate, that is the perfect place to mount it. If you go to bassboatcentral.com look in the Lowrance sonar section there is a whole series of how tos along with many pics. Maybe you will find your exact boat with pics and easy instructions.

I think you meant bbcboards.net which is part of bassboatcentral. There is a lot of info there.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Where to mount LSS-1 sensor on Ranger boat? - 12/27/15 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Jig-N-Spoon
I mounted mine on a 2005 521 SVX under the built in set back.

This is what I ended up doing. It worked out great.
Posted By: catch-n-release

Re: Where to mount LSS-1 sensor on Ranger boat? - 12/29/15 01:18 AM

I have a 2011 z520 and mine is mounted on the flat of the hull on the set back. works great, great images, protected and no cavitation there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum