Texas Fishing Forum

Updated Photo Transducer mounting suggestions Hummingbird 899

Posted By: Coastal_Texan

Updated Photo Transducer mounting suggestions Hummingbird 899 - 12/15/15 04:37 PM

I have had this unit since August and do not feel like I am getting near what I should from my SI/DI and sonar graph in general. I would appreciate any suggestions on a better mount location or tips to maximize. The di/si returns are distorted and do not provide much help when fishing. I am going to remount my transducer paying extra attention to getting it flush with the bottom of the hull. So if I need to relocate now would be the perfect time.

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Transducer mounting suggestions Hummingbird 899 - 12/16/15 02:20 AM

looks like your SI would be terrible with it's location in reference go the lower unit, atleast at the angle it appears in the photo. Not sure how to mount it with the transom yhat shape.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Transducer mounting suggestions Hummingbird 899 - 12/16/15 03:44 AM

I would try and mount it on the lower step near the drain. Not many options with that transom. You may have to go with two si transducers. A left and a right mounted on each side of the transom

Re: Transducer mounting suggestions Hummingbird 899 - 12/17/15 12:41 AM

I'm going to try and mount it by the drain plug.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Transducer mounting suggestions Hummingbird 899 - 12/17/15 01:36 AM

IF the hull pad does not go all the way left and right of the recessed transom, put the transducer here:
black box is the mount, yellow oval is the transducer.

It it does, put it on the left side of the hull drain opposite of the hull fitting seen in the photo.

You will still have to trim out some in the example when scanning at idle speed.

Re: Transducer mounting suggestions Hummingbird 899 - 12/17/15 05:59 PM

thanks for the replies
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum