Texas Fishing Forum

Ipilot ilink question

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Ipilot ilink question - 12/05/15 02:26 AM

I bought my terrova without ilink. I now wish that I had the ilink. I have looked and it is like $700 to buy the ilink which I think is ridiculous to add to the price I've already paid for the terrova. It looks like it replaces the head of the terrova to add it. So, is the ilink that you buy, a combination of the ipilot with the ilink? In other words I'd be buying another head that has what I currently have as well as the ilink on it? So, in theory if I found someone who did not use the ilink, I could trade out the heads and he would then have just an ipilot and I'd have ipilot and ilink?

Does Minn Kota offer any kind of upgrading other than just the $700 for a new head?
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Ipilot ilink question - 12/05/15 02:48 AM

The Link replaces the iPilot electronics at the top of the motor. It does the same functions as the iPilot plus gives you the option to use with your Humminbird with Lakemaster mapping.

Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZJQshZ1xs0
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Ipilot ilink question - 12/05/15 02:59 AM

It replaces real easy, about 4 screws its the top half of the head and one plug connection and a 20ft Ethernet cable that is hard wired (soldered). I have a spare one that has not been used I will sale for 400.00
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Ipilot ilink question - 12/05/15 04:04 AM

44 diesel sent you a PM
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Ipilot ilink question - 12/05/15 04:26 AM

Pm returned
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum