Texas Fishing Forum

Boat driving lights

Posted By: mykey

Boat driving lights - 11/11/15 07:29 PM

Seeking advice for what kind of driving light (s) I should install on my 18' Skeeter. I am thinking of something that I can plug into existing cigarette lighter receptacle....I am thinking LED will produce a good strong WHITE light but would like opinions on halogen, HID, etc. Thanks for your advice
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Boat driving lights - 11/11/15 08:43 PM

I use the Gobee halogen stanchion light. plugs right into the bow socket and has the navigation lights built in. I like it because it is remote controlled. Makes searching for buoys and stumps easier.

I also bought one of the rechargeable headlamps that adjust from wide to a tight beam. It is LED and I find that even being such a small light, it is noticeably brighter than the Halogen. While brighter, I really haven't found it to make a significant difference on the water. Doesn't take a great deal of light to navigate with and the brighter light probably is worse for other boaters if you happen to hit them with it.

Do you fish lakes that have many other boaters on the water in the dark?
Posted By: Mulkey

Re: Boat driving lights - 11/11/15 09:33 PM

Trolling Motor Mount Light Kit by Rigid Industries
Posted By: Waco Crappie

Re: Boat driving lights - 11/11/15 10:19 PM

How many lumens is the Rigid? I havent found it on their description. Here is a photo of what I did. The one by the driver seat plugs into the cig lighter. I have 1800 lumens blasting out of the light stack.

Posted By: mykey

Re: Boat driving lights - 11/12/15 11:29 PM

Waco 28 .... I was actually thinking of building something similar to what you have on front deck seat pedestal. What brand LED are you using. Any probs with moisture accumulation inside the lights?? Thanks to all for your help
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum