Texas Fishing Forum

Adding Waypoints manually - Lowrance Elite 7 chirp

Posted By: Garvin

Adding Waypoints manually - Lowrance Elite 7 chirp - 10/30/15 06:40 PM

Is there a way to add or edit waypoints manually? Like if you have coordinates you want to add to a map, is there a way to do this? I don't have Navionics or any of those other services, just the base map that came with the unit.
Posted By: nwest10

Re: Adding Waypoints manually - Lowrance Elite 7 chirp - 10/30/15 06:47 PM

Go to page 32 of your owners manual. It will show you the menu items you can use to add or edit the waypoints. If you don't have a manual you can go to the Lowrance link here to download the owners manual.

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/Fishfinder-Chartplotter/Elite-7-CHIRP-en-us.aspx
Posted By: Garvin

Re: Adding Waypoints manually - Lowrance Elite 7 chirp - 10/31/15 02:38 PM

Thanks, I guess what I was hoping to find is some kind of software that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that would allow you to export the data onto an sd card and make edits on a spreadsheet or something, then be able to upload them again using the sd card. Something more convenient than sitting in the boat using the controls on the sonar to enter coordinates, but as they say, beggars can't be choosers.
Posted By: UJC

Re: Adding Waypoints manually - Lowrance Elite 7 chirp - 10/31/15 07:00 PM

Yes there is a way. Go to GPS Visualizer. If you are technically savvy, you'll be able to figure it out. If not, PM me for my phone and I'll help you.
Posted By: ifeliciano

Re: Adding Waypoints manually - Lowrance Elite 7 chirp - 11/01/15 05:35 PM

I use Easy GPS with my HDS-10. Probably also work with Elite 7.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum