Texas Fishing Forum

Minn-Kota Ulterra i-link, i-pilot, or both

Posted By: Tgatortexas

Minn-Kota Ulterra i-link, i-pilot, or both - 10/01/15 09:02 PM

I'm getting ready to buy a new trolling motor for my bass boat. But, I'm confused about the Ulterra i-pilot and i-link. I have a new Lowrance Elite-5 that I plan on mounting on the bow, and have an old Humminbird 797 on the console. I am not planning on getting any new electronics for at least a couple of years. I do want the Ulterra because of the automatic stow and deploy. So, should I get the i-pilot, i-link, or both???
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Minn-Kota Ulterra i-link, i-pilot, or both - 10/01/15 10:36 PM

I would recommend getting the I Pilot, The extra cost of the I Pilot Link is not really justified if you are not going to network it with a Humminbird unit getting both is not really an option cause you can only use one at a time. But you can upgrade to the I Link later if you choose so if you ever purchase a networkable Hbird unit. The I pilot link accessory is available by itself, that's what I did with my terrova, bought the I pilot and then decided to purchase the link once it came out and just switched them out

Re: Minn-Kota Ulterra i-link, i-pilot, or both - 10/01/15 11:18 PM

Thanks, 44! That is the information I needed. The best price I've found is from the Minn-Kota Factory Store, with free shipping no tax!
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Minn-Kota Ulterra i-link, i-pilot, or both - 10/02/15 08:34 PM

When I bought mine, I found that Cabelas had reconditioned ones fod sale. Thry weren't listed thru their website. Found them by running a search. Saved a decent amount on mine anc I was comfortable with a oe year warranty from minn kota
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Minn-Kota Ulterra i-link, i-pilot, or both - 10/03/15 05:11 AM

Glad to to help. Not sure what size ya looking for but the best price I saw for a #80 60 " was about 1,847 shipping includsed for Ulterra
Posted By: TxPanhandle

Re: Minn-Kota Ulterra i-link, i-pilot, or both - 10/03/15 03:28 PM

Call Universal Mania. They have a web site. Best price I found for the Ulterra 112 I bought by far.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Minn-Kota Ulterra i-link, i-pilot, or both - 10/04/15 01:37 PM

I would get the I-Pilot link. Once you see it used with a networkable FF, you'll be glad you did. You are already dropping a lot of coin on the motor, so get it all and don't worry about having to do an upgrade. By the time you actually do the upgrade, the price of the upgrade kit will probably have gone up and you have to add your time. A factory job is usually better.
Google is your friend. Shop on line and save sales tax and usually get free shipping. Everyone is selling right at full retail, but there are bargains out there and the free shipping on a 60# box will save you a bundle.
BTW, the factory stores sell at full retail and are independent retailers not associated with the factory in any way other than they just sell their products.
Posted By: TxPanhandle

Re: Minn-Kota Ulterra i-link, i-pilot, or both - 10/04/15 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
I would get the I-Pilot link. Once you see it used with a networkable FF, you'll be glad you did. You are already dropping a lot of coin on the motor, so get it all and don't worry about having to do an upgrade. By the time you actually do the upgrade, the price of the upgrade kit will probably have gone up and you have to add your time. A factory job is usually better.
Google is your friend. Shop on line and save sales tax and usually get free shipping. Everyone is selling right at full retail, but there are bargains out there and the free shipping on a 60# box will save you a bundle.
BTW, the factory stores sell at full retail and are independent retailers not associated with the factory in any way other than they just sell their products.

+1

Re: Minn-Kota Ulterra i-link, i-pilot, or both - 10/05/15 08:16 PM

Thanks to everyone that responded. I ordered one with i-pilot. I did not order the i-link because I'm upgrading with Lowrance. I just hope my Ulterra performs as well as I've heard.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum