Texas Fishing Forum

Truck Tent Suggestions

Posted By: westtexgolfer

Truck Tent Suggestions - 09/20/15 06:37 AM

Who if anyone has a truck tent, how do you like it... is it easy to take up and down...??? what do you have and how do you have it rigged up? Do you have a generator you run with it? I am thinking about getting a truck tent to use when I go fishing to try it out for a few trips and see how it goes... What kind of mattress do yo ureccomend and any other accessories you recommend having for this.

Thanks,
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Truck Tent Suggestions - 09/20/15 11:18 AM

I have a tent the my Jeep Liberty fits on to. It is quite roomy and I use folding cots with sleeping bags. I don't use my generator with it but I guess I could.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Truck Tent Suggestions - 09/21/15 09:36 PM

I don't camp but if I was going to and in the bed of the truck, I'd buy one of these mattresses
http://www.truckairbedz.com/
Posted By: spinnerbait72

Re: Truck Tent Suggestions - 10/01/15 05:23 AM

I had the GM product on my avalanche with the mattress. I loved it ,was able to go inside the truck from inside the tent, had awning,allowed to pull the boat and sleep in the tent,easy setup
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Truck Tent Suggestions - 10/05/15 12:43 AM

I have a Sportz Trunk Tent for my Dodge 1500, and love it. Takes ten minutes to set up and take down. It has an extended 4 foot canopy over the entry, and a rain fly. i slept through some heavy storms without getting wet.

I bought twin sized "camping" air mattresses for half the cost of one that fits over the wheel wells. they work great too.

I used battery powered fans and lights inside the tent.

The only problem is launching a boat with it on, the instructions say not too but I have driven a short distance to launch. You have to go "slow".

I bought mine at Pep Boys for a huge discount. but that was about 8 years ago.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum