Texas Fishing Forum

Best Bass Pro Shop in DFW area?

Posted By: Daniel Mtanous

Best Bass Pro Shop in DFW area? - 09/18/15 02:01 AM

If you had to pick between the Bass Pro Shop in Garland or the one in Grapevine which one would you pick?
Posted By: Bonehead1

Re: Best Bass Pro Shop in DFW area? - 09/18/15 02:23 AM

Garland for me, simply because I live east of the metro mess!
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Best Bass Pro Shop in DFW area? - 09/18/15 11:23 AM

There have been post on here about a lot of vehicle break ins at the Garland BPS.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Best Bass Pro Shop in DFW area? - 09/19/15 02:31 AM

Both are good stores, but my experience with them would be Marine Electronics, so that is what I am comparing them at. Grapevine has a decent team, but Mr Yates at Garland is the man when it comes to chartplotters and/or mapping products and gives seminars from time to time, as well as will help you with your settings if you bring your unit in.
Posted By: DAOutdoors

Re: Best Bass Pro Shop in DFW area? - 09/19/15 02:50 AM

Any time I went to BPS in Grapevine in the evening it always seemed like I had the place to myself
Posted By: Streetwalker

Re: Best Bass Pro Shop in DFW area? - 09/19/15 07:22 PM

The store in Grapevine has a larger selection. For me the store in Garland is closer.
Posted By: Daniel Mtanous

Re: Best Bass Pro Shop in DFW area? - 09/19/15 08:45 PM

I've been to the one in Grapevine when I have never returned. The distance for both is not a concern since they are about the same distance. I noticed that Garland is right on the water so I could easily go fishing as soon as I leave.

All that aside, I wouldn't mind getting things on special/clearance/deals. The amount of customers doesn't really bother me but if there is no one around I do enjoy the freedom of being able to sit and stare and fondle the lures for a while without someone being right next to me.

My car doesn't lock right so yeah. Maybe Grapevine might be a better place to go. Although Garland is having some public speakers in the next few weeks.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Best Bass Pro Shop in DFW area? - 09/28/15 05:22 PM

It has been years since I was in the Grapevine store but they seem about the same to me. Even though the Garland store is very convenient I avoid it unless there is something that they have and I cannot get anywhere else or they are running a sale. I find that most of their stuff is over priced. I attribute it to high overhead. Even when they have good sales you are taking a chance because they like to bait and switch. A couple of months ago I thought that I would pick up some long pants for dove season. They had a good sale but only had the following sizes: 2xxl, 3xx6, and small. I was there in the middle of the sale. I bought a license and left.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum