Texas Fishing Forum

Batteries

Posted By: westtexgolfer

Batteries - 09/10/15 08:10 PM

I know this is a topic with varying opinions but I would like to hear what batteries you have for trolling and how long have they lasted????

I had a set from napa for 3 years and apparently they are or one is bad now so I am going to replace them... Remember I only use my boat mabye twice per year... but I always leave it on charge with my 3 bank charger so they should stay maintained...

thanks for any input I get
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Batteries - 09/11/15 01:53 PM

If you don't check your batteries regularly, the water will evaporate and they will be toast.

I am running AGM batteries and have been for 4 years.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Batteries - 09/11/15 02:26 PM

3 group 29's from Walmart since 2009 still going great. group 31 cranking battery.
Posted By: ridinonthepad

Re: Batteries - 09/17/15 05:37 PM

optima blue top AGM Batteries. Make sure your charger works with AGM. If it doesnt it can ruin the charger and your batteries. My charger is a Pro Mariner and it comes with a screw in sensor for AGM.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Batteries - 09/18/15 12:37 AM

I got a new battery from Napa that had a bad cell. No more from them. I get my batteries from Academy. They last a very long time and then some. Just my 2 cents!!!!
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: Batteries - 09/18/15 02:44 PM

How do you folks feel about Interstate Batteries?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Batteries - 09/18/15 05:14 PM

Almost all of the standard wet cell batteries reguardless of brand or what store you buy them from are made in the same plant by the same people, machines and process as all the others. Continental, walmart, motorcraft, A/C delco diehard, etc. are the same battery with a dif label.

AGM, optima etc are different.

Go down to walmart and buy an everstart max of the correct size and don't worry about it.
Posted By: Jones Trolling Motor

Re: Batteries - 09/18/15 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Almost all of the standard wet cell batteries reguardless of brand or what store you buy them from are made in the same plant by the same people, machines and process as all the others. Continental, walmart, motorcraft, A/C delco diehard, etc. are the same battery with a dif label.

AGM, optima etc are different.

Go down to walmart and buy an everstart max of the correct size and don't worry about it.

Partially right. Walmart, Interstate, Delco and some others are all made by JCI (Johnson Controls). Not sure who makes Motorcraft, Continental is it's own company. Diehard are made by several different people, depending on the battery. EastPenn (Deka) and JCI both share in making the Diehards.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum