Texas Fishing Forum

Minn Kota Maxxum Foot Pedal Help

Posted By: westtexgolfer

Minn Kota Maxxum Foot Pedal Help - 09/10/15 05:06 PM

Can someone take a picture of their minn kota maxum pedal where the pully wires are connected by chance so i can see what part of mine os broke and what i need to fix it!!!

Thanks,
Posted By: MAK747

Re: Minn Kota Maxxum Foot Pedal Help - 09/10/15 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: westtexgolfer
Can someone take a picture of their minn kota maxum pedal where the pully wires are connected by chance so i can see what part of mine os broke and what i need to fix it!!!

Thanks,

Here are a few that I took when I replaced the cables sometime back. It is a Maxum 74. Hope they help.

[]

[]

[]

[]
Posted By: westtexgolfer

Re: Minn Kota Maxxum Foot Pedal Help - 09/10/15 08:07 PM

You are awesome!!! Now do you know if all of that is intact what drives the footpedal to pull/push these wires???
Posted By: MAK747

Re: Minn Kota Maxxum Foot Pedal Help - 09/10/15 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: westtexgolfer
You are awesome!!! Now do you know if all of that is intact what drives the footpedal to pull/push these wires???

Not sure if I totally understand the question. The foot pedal has a pivot rod run through it. What you see in the picture that the end of the cables attach to is the bottom part of the foot pedal. When you push on the front part of the foot pedal it pulls on one cable and when you push on the back part of the foot pedal it pulls on the other cable. If all of this looks intact on yours then the problem is either with a broken cable or in the control/head unit of the trolling motor. Open it up and see how it looks. Here are a few photos of what mine looked like. I ended up replacing the cables, upper and lower shaft bearings and the composite shaft on mine. The lower bearing had gone totally out and gouged the shaft severely. I wasn't aware that the bearings were of the open type and require occasional lubrication. Works like new now. If you really want some good advise on repair, contact John at Jones Trolling Motor Services. He was a great help to me on advice and parts.

[]

[]

[]

[]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum