Texas Fishing Forum

Fish Finder question

Posted By: bknotts

Fish Finder question - 09/09/15 07:27 PM

I just bought an '89 Skeeter bass boat. It has the transducer and the wiring connection on the dash. But not the fish finder. I looked at some hummingbirds at Academy and none had the same connections. I dont want to break the bank but I need a decent fish finer. any recommendations for a good but not too expensive fish finder?
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Fish Finder question - 09/09/15 07:42 PM

First off, what is your budget? Many options out there from $100 to north of $2k.

Yeah, if the transducer on your boat is very old at all, chances are it won't mate up to a new FF. Not saying with any certainty that it won't, just that it is unlikely. Even less so without knowing what unit was on the boat to begin with. Maybe post a pic of the connector end? Someone might be able to identify it for you.

Re: Fish Finder question - 09/09/15 08:18 PM

I will just get a new one. I can go $500.00..but prefer $300.00..I had one on my old boat and it was good for depth .But all the fish it showed never would bite
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Fish Finder question - 09/09/15 09:15 PM

If you like humminbird look at the helix. You can get in multiple configurations and 2 screen sizes from about 300-500. That or find a used unit on here. Should have plenty of choices in your price range. Also check all the box stores online. They always have one or two on sale

Re: Fish Finder question - 09/09/15 09:31 PM

I like whatever works.I think it will mainly be used a depth finder anyway. thx
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum