Texas Fishing Forum

Onix covers

Posted By: Mo

Onix covers - 09/08/15 08:37 PM

What is the deal with the floppy rubber covers on the ONIX. They don't fit worth a dam.

Mine are so loose , they would be gone first trip down the lake.

MO
Posted By: Streetwalker

Re: Onix covers - 09/08/15 08:51 PM

I've trailered my boat at 70+ mph and never had mine come off.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Onix covers - 09/08/15 09:23 PM

I agree Mo. They are pretty much useless. I'm going to buy some bungie cords to wrap around mine.

Originally Posted By: Mo
What is the deal with the floppy rubber covers on the ONIX. They don't fit worth a dam.

Mine are so loose , they would be gone first trip down the lake.

MO

thumb
Posted By: Allan W

Re: Onix covers - 09/08/15 11:55 PM

They suck
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Onix covers - 09/09/15 12:26 AM

Silicone unit cover for Onix
It is not recommended to have the Onix on your boat when traveling on the trailer. The covers do the job they are designed to do and that is to protect the display when properly stored. It is not a snap on like the core models.
Posted By: Streetwalker

Re: Onix covers - 09/09/15 12:35 AM

Mine is mounting in the console. No way I'm taking it out each trip.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Onix covers - 09/09/15 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Streetwalker
Mine is mounting in the console. No way I'm taking it out each trip.

That's a no brainer...lol
Posted By: Mo

Re: Onix covers - 09/09/15 05:41 PM

I thought maybe I was doing it wrong, so I tried again last night. Turn the unit over, the cover
falls off. Mine might as well be place mats , just lay the unit on them when they
come off the boat.

My units come off the boat after each trip , No way I am leaving that many
$$$ sitting on the boat unguarded. smile I think will be storing them in the
gun safe in the house.

MO
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Onix covers - 09/09/15 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Silicone unit cover for Onix
It is not recommended to have the Onix on your boat when traveling on the trailer. The covers do the job they are designed to do and that is to protect the display when properly stored. It is not a snap on like the core models.

Okay guys here is a useful tip for your ONIX units. I have the 10 and I use an old dell notebook computer bag to store mine in. I just leave the rubber cover in the bag. They work great and it zips all the way closed as well.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Onix covers - 09/09/15 08:10 PM

I have some Pelican hard cases that I keep my Onix units in when they aren't on the boat. Protects them from just about anything. Pretty expensive, but as much as these Onix cost, it's peace of mind knowing they are safe. thumb
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Onix covers - 09/12/15 03:07 AM

I have two ONIX 10's on my boat. Go to Walmart or Home Depot and go to the Velcro section. They make a elastic Velcro band that is about 1 1/2" wide and works perfect. I put my covers on, wrap the strap and go on down the road... Will cost you $5.99 for a pack of two.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/VELCRO-brand-3-ft-x-2-in-Velstrap-Straps-2-Pack-90440ACS/202261929
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum