Texas Fishing Forum

Shakey head mold

Posted By: Ridintriton

Shakey head mold - 09/05/15 05:25 PM

I am looking for a shakey head mold that will take an owner 45 degrees cross eye jig hook. Do it doesn't make one that I've found. Does anyone know of one?
Posted By: Streetwalker

Re: Shakey head mold - 09/07/15 06:26 PM

Picture of the hook?

They make one, and I'm pretty sure I have it on hand that takes a 45° flat eye Mustad hook. Number is #3450. If you're in the Dallas area I could get a hook and see if it fits. Might take a little mold modding but that's not a problem.

Re: Shakey head mold - 09/07/15 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Streetwalker
Picture of the hook?

They make one, and I'm pretty sure I have it on hand that takes a 45° flat eye Mustad hook. Number is #3450. If you're in the Dallas area I could get a hook and see if it fits. Might take a little mold modding but that's not a problem.

Don't know how to post a pic but it is the 45 degree cross eye jig hook on this page

http://www.ownerhooks.com/jighooks.htm

I am in the Dallas area. Do you think you could make this mold?

Re: Shakey head mold - 09/08/15 12:12 AM

I'm betting that the Do-It mold I was talking about will work with that hook with no problem.

Hit the Do-It site and search for 3450 and see if that's the jig you want.
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Shakey head mold - 09/08/15 03:47 AM

Looks like a 60deg mustad...a little modding you can fit the owner. Just be careful and go a bit at a time.

Re: Shakey head mold - 09/08/15 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Streetwalker
I'm betting that the Do-It mold I was talking about will work with that hook with no problem.

Hit the Do-It site and search for 3450 and see if that's the jig you want.

I like that jig but it is for a 60 degree hook. How could I get this to fit a 45 degree hook?
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Shakey head mold - 09/10/15 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: CarlosRivera
Looks like a 60deg mustad...a little modding you can fit the owner. Just be careful and go a bit at a time.

Looks like you completely jumped over my reply to you.

Re: Shakey head mold - 09/11/15 07:09 PM

Looks like you completely jumped over my reply to you.

I saw, that question was meant for you. How do I modify the mold to fit a 45 degree hook?

Re: Shakey head mold - 09/11/15 08:32 PM

You might not have to. Sometimes they will fit. If not doing a mod of that type is going to take work as you would need to cut a new area for the eye of the hook to rest.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum