Texas Fishing Forum

TROUBLE WITH MOTOR GUIDE WIRELESS

Posted By: Eastexn

TROUBLE WITH MOTOR GUIDE WIRELESS - 08/29/15 03:58 AM

I have a Motor Guide wireless troll motor that has died. It makes no sound and has no moves. It has been working well. Boat battery shows 12.65 volts and the small battery in the foot control is OK. The red light voltage indicator on the motor base shows the battery in Good condition, which is strange as it should show in top condition with 12.65 volts. I don't know where to start diagnosing the problem as it could be in the foot control remote or the receiver or the motor (but I doubt the motor is the problem)

Does anyone have any tips on diagnosing this problem. The motor is four years old and has been used very little.

Thanks.
Posted By: Mo

Re: TROUBLE WITH MOTOR GUIDE WIRELESS - 09/01/15 07:17 PM

I would start with battery in the remote.

MO
Posted By: Mo

Re: TROUBLE WITH MOTOR GUIDE WIRELESS - 09/01/15 07:17 PM

I would start with battery in the remote.

MO
Posted By: ryane

Re: TROUBLE WITH MOTOR GUIDE WIRELESS - 09/01/15 08:02 PM

start with load testing your battery in boat, it can show 12+ volts and be a bad battery although I doubt that's your issue. It is very possible the control board that is located in the mount on that motor has gone bad.
Posted By: Baylor_Guy�

Re: TROUBLE WITH MOTOR GUIDE WIRELESS - 09/01/15 08:16 PM

Most of the time it is a bad battery or PCB in the foot pedal/remote. Also check to see if you are getting any voltage coming out of the main control board. I have replaced several of the main boards in these.
Posted By: Jones Trolling Motor

Re: TROUBLE WITH MOTOR GUIDE WIRELESS - 09/01/15 10:53 PM

The main board gives the most trouble. If you have 4 yrs, you have done good on the board.

Re: TROUBLE WITH MOTOR GUIDE WIRELESS - 09/02/15 04:51 PM

The main battery and the remote battery all tested good. Where is the main board located?

Thanks
Posted By: Baylor_Guy�

Re: TROUBLE WITH MOTOR GUIDE WIRELESS - 09/02/15 06:50 PM

In the center section of the mount, underneath the housing where the battery tester lights are located

Re: TROUBLE WITH MOTOR GUIDE WIRELESS - 09/05/15 04:31 PM

Thanks guys. I think you are probably right. I'll check it out.

I don't particularly like this motor. The foot control is kind of rinky-dink, and the control movements are too imprecise. If the repair costs are too expensive I'll probably just replace it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum