Texas Fishing Forum

Need Transducer for Older Lowrance

Posted By: jerod14

Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/22/15 07:45 PM

I am looking for a new or used transducer for my older Lowrance X-85. I'm looking for the HS-WSBK or the PD-WBK (If I am correct).

I am going to mount it on my trolling motor. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/23/15 10:54 AM

I may be wrong but my memory says blue connector on that and if I remember right you should be able to grab one most anywhere.

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/23/15 02:19 PM

Thanks Dayne. Everywhere I look they say obsolete, so I didn't know if there was a universal ducer for those models. Taking a shot in the dark that someone may have an old one they wouldn't mind selling.
Posted By: Jones Trolling Motor

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/25/15 03:59 PM

Is This the plug you need (don't remember which the x-85 used). If so, you can get the Lowrance Pod transducer with the blue connection and this adaptor and will work with the x-85.
8M4001959 (top right adaptor at this link:

Motorguide adaptor

Let me know if I can help.
John

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/25/15 05:41 PM

No, mine is a 2 prong (not blue) with a "t" shape in the middle. Thanks for trying to help. I really appreciate it.

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/25/15 05:45 PM

Here is the back of the head unit. I hope this helps. I'll try to snap a pic of the cord when I get home.

Posted By: MAK747

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/25/15 06:15 PM

I believe this is what the connector looks like for the X-85 transducer cable. Found a couple on Ebay but they seem a bit expensive.

Posted By: Jones Trolling Motor

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/25/15 07:52 PM

OK. Other alternative is make an adaptor, depending on how handy you are with "jack" connections. Below is a picture of the pinouts:
transducer pinout

Scroll down and you'll find the current blue end and the one for the X28. Both drawings give the pinout for Lowrance. Using the end off your bad transducer, find the appropriate wires and solder to the male side of phone jack or a barrel connector. On good Lowrance blue connection transducer, cut the end off and find the transducer +, - , and shield and solder to the phone jack receptacle. This would make the adaptor for you. If you can find someone with a "giveaway" extra lowrance transducer -- you've nothing to loose.

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/25/15 09:47 PM

MAK747 is correct. That is what I have, just doesn't work.

Thanks Jones Trolling Motor, I will see what I can find. You guys rock.
Posted By: JBailey1

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/27/15 04:46 AM

Jerod, I have a used transducer with that T style guide end that came with my lowrance eagle ultra classic. The trolling motor style transducer had trolling motor clamp style mounting slots that broke off. It could however be glued to something and used. If u want to go to that trouble u can have it for postage.

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/27/15 08:45 PM

Tell me how much shipping is and I'll take it. I appreciate it.
Posted By: JBailey1

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/28/15 12:14 PM

I will check. Looks like your in burleson.

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/28/15 08:29 PM

That is correct. I'll PM you my address.
Posted By: saltwaterjunky

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 08/30/15 06:12 PM

Check with Boris marine he has a lot of used stuff behind the counter.............
Posted By: fluker

Re: Need Transducer for Older Lowrance - 09/10/15 02:09 AM

Transducer needed is HS-WSBK part# 90-73 for skimmer type or PD-WBK part# 90-76 for a puck type. Ebay best place to find them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum