Texas Fishing Forum

HB899 si/di

Posted By: FACSR

HB899 si/di - 08/13/15 04:56 PM

Before the recent rains I was on a lake and could visually see some brush piles and tree tops in the water so I marked some GPS coordinates on the spot, I went back yesterday wanting to fish these Gps locations and I could not see the brush piles or the trees for that matter on side imaging or down scan. I made all the adjustments on sensitivity and contrast still could not find them . I then reset factory defaults and still nada, I then drove in a spot loaded with rows of trees and brush in about 20 f.o.w. si set at 75 feet and could not see the trees any ideas on this problem. I have had this unit about 1 1/2 years and I have always been confident in what im looking at. thanks
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: HB899 si/di - 08/15/15 03:32 PM

You could have had a failure in the transducer... Are you not getting any images on the SI or DI?
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: HB899 si/di - 08/15/15 07:32 PM

Did you recently update the software possibly? How about posting a picture of what you are seeing.
Posted By: FACSR

Re: HB899 si/di - 08/16/15 11:56 PM

Hey guys thanks for your replies. I went back out and my unit started working right again, checked all my connections out and battery and was ok. Im using a XNT 9 SI 180T compact transducer and im in the process of replacing it with a XHS9 HDSI 180T transducer I wanted to upgrade anyway , will see if that helps thanks
Posted By: hopalong

Re: HB899 si/di - 08/19/15 12:40 AM

you have to reset to factory settings and turn off then back on to register the new ducer with the unit, had a problem with mine and this is what the bird tech came up with.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: HB899 si/di - 08/19/15 12:51 AM

No you don't.

You just change the transducer type in the Sonar menu Transducer Select from Compact Sidescan to Hi-def Sidescan. The unit determines the sonar function, not the transducer.

You can use the Hi-def Sidescan setting with the XNT 9 SI 180 T if you want to use both SI frequencies (800 and 455).

The ONLY difference in the two transducers is the SI crystal length. The HDSI is longer and has longer SI crystals. Those longer SI crystals produce a thinner SI pulse and sharper images. The HDSI can improve the images of any unit that comes standard with the Compact SI transducer.
The less expensive models don't have the 800 kHz capability so the HDSI will not add that frequency to those units, just produce sharper images with the 455 kHz Imaging frequency.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum