Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance interference

Posted By: Aggie34

Lowrance interference - 08/12/15 08:06 PM

I just hooked up a elite hdi to my console along with a hds 7. The power cable wasn't long enough so I had to tie into the hds power cable. I took it out today and it had a lot of interference. Looked like a lot of bars going up and down the screen. Is this from the connection or something else?
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Lowrance interference - 08/13/15 02:06 AM

Good chance it could be.
Posted By: big fish2

Re: Lowrance interference - 08/13/15 02:19 AM

Did you have another unit on at the same time ? Where is the transducer installed at ?

Re: Lowrance interference - 08/13/15 02:44 AM

It's on the console with a hds 7. I also have another hdi on the trolling motor. I did have all on at one point. Can't remember if I just had it on at one point. It's installed under the motor like this one. This isn't mine but close enough
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Lowrance interference - 08/13/15 05:32 AM

Is it a dedicated power wire going straight to the cranking battery? Kind of confused do you have one transducer on the trolling motor and one on the transom or two on the transom one on the trolling motor? Reason I ask is If you have two transducers running the same frequency close enough to each other they can read from each other. simple way to check is to switch the frequencies run one on 83 the other on 200khz
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Lowrance interference - 08/13/15 04:33 PM

Looks like frequency crosstalk...2 transducers with the same frequency overlapping. As suggested, switch one to a different frequency and see if it disappears.

Gman

Re: Lowrance interference - 08/14/15 03:02 AM

What i have is two graphs on the back with their own transducers. They are a hds 7 and hdi 7. I'm having problems with the hdi 7. The hdi thats mounted on the front works no problem. I took it out today and used a different frequency and it cleared the picture up. However, once i got on plane then went back down to an idle it would never relocate the bottom. Most of the time i had to restart the graph before it would. Worked great once it found bottom. But once I lost bottom from driving it would never relocate it. Just kept saying 1.2ft or 3ft etc.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Lowrance interference - 08/14/15 09:09 PM

Sometimes, it takes a bit of time for them to recover and find bottom. Mine take 8 to 10 seconds..occasionally longer.

Check your ping rate. You may need to increase it.

Gman

Re: Lowrance interference - 08/15/15 02:01 AM

Ya I understand that but it is taking awhile and that's if it ever finds bottom at all. Does that sound like the transducer is out?

Re: Lowrance interference - 08/16/15 01:35 AM

Any ideas?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum