Texas Fishing Forum

Pump setups for lake drawing

Posted By: Nissen2000

Pump setups for lake drawing - 07/31/15 03:48 AM

Does anyone have any recommendations on what equipment you're using to draw lake water for landscape watering? I've seen a few things available but wondered what would be a good low maintenance system.
Thanks!
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Pump setups for lake drawing - 07/31/15 03:56 PM

A good start would be to check with the governing authority for the lake and see what the requirements are and what permits, if any, are needed. LCRA has been cracking down on waterfront landowners around here for pumping water from Lake Travis. Evidently, the right amount of money has to be put in the right pocket.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Pump setups for lake drawing - 08/02/15 03:01 AM

This is what I use http://www.powerequipmentdirect.com/Red-Lion-RL22G10-3W2V-Water-Pump/p7510.html
When our lake was down it was 200 feet from the pump to the well house. From there it is another 250
feet to the front of my lot. I have a faucet about every 50 feet and I was able to run 6 sprinklers
at a time. The pump has 1 1/4 inch discharge and it needs to be run to a tee so you can put a pressure
switch to protect the pump in case of low suction/flow. Then I have 1 inch main line with 3/4 inch
off for each faucet.

Johnny
Posted By: Nissen2000

Re: Pump setups for lake drawing - 08/02/15 02:50 PM

Thanks! Will check them out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum