Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Pro - Poor Quality

Posted By: Bob Landry

Bass Pro - Poor Quality - 07/20/15 11:59 PM

I installed the pedestal base that came from BPS today. I'm using the base and pedestal for a mount for the forward fish finder. The base is the BPS brand one that is 4"X8" and is the one I needed for the space that it had to go in.
The base is one of the poorest quality pieces of gear I have ever seen. None of the outside edges are cut straight and the countersinks are irregular to the point that the chamfer doesn't allow the use of a chamfered head bolt because the sharp edge of the bolt sticks up above the surface of the base. I can make it work by using round head bolts that cover the chamfers. I'm wondering if it is really stainless. I guess time will tell.
I don't mind paying for quality, but for as much time and money that I have spent rigging this boat so that everything is right, it just really frosts me to end up with an overpriced piece of junk. If I still had the packaging and receipt, they would be getting it back. So, a word to the wise.. If you are inclined to go into BPS and pay full retail+ for something, at least buy the name brand stuff and not their store brand garbage. I also wrote a scathing review of it on BPS website, but I'm betting they won't publish that one, so you read it here. <rant off>
Posted By: stick steering

Re: Bass Pro - Poor Quality - 07/21/15 12:51 AM

My friend took back the bps rachet sets back twice before he opted to get the fulton set bps stuff last one or two trips
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Bass Pro - Poor Quality - 07/21/15 03:12 AM

The only thing that I will buy with their name on it is their Johnny Morris rods.
Their products have to be made by the cheapest Chinese manufactures out there, all of their stuff looks like junk when compared to the name brand.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Bass Pro - Poor Quality - 07/21/15 12:32 PM

I quit buying ANYTHING from BPS. Don't even want their flyers & such in my mailbox.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Bass Pro - Poor Quality - 07/21/15 02:34 PM

I suspect that Cabalas employs the same practice, that of buying cheap Chinese knockoffs, having them branded for their stores and selling the stuff for full retail+. The name brand stuff they sell is OK, but then that brings up the question, why go there and pay their prices when you can find it online cheaper, not pay sales tax, in many cases get free shipping yo your front door, and not have to follow a store salesperson around looking for what you want.
Posted By: billoptimax

Re: Bass Pro - Poor Quality - 07/24/15 07:00 PM

some good some bad
Posted By: Ltcm09

Re: Bass Pro - Poor Quality - 07/24/15 07:18 PM

BPS prices are insane.
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: Bass Pro - Poor Quality - 07/24/15 11:53 PM

i wont buy from them cables any more and have never bought anything from gander mountain they are just way to expensive I shop on line amazon last thing i bought from cables was the whooping sticks when they were on sell the first day the inserts on the guids all the rods at least one popped out good thing they come with a life time wanty
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum