Texas Fishing Forum

Motorguide i5 TM

Posted By: ridinonthepad

Motorguide i5 TM - 07/05/15 06:24 PM

I just installed the i5 on my boat. The remote control synced up and works great. The wireless foot control was recognized by the TM but the TM is not responding to any commands. Has anyone else had this problem?
Posted By: javelin150

Re: Motorguide i5 TM - 07/05/15 09:43 PM

make sure the trolljng motor is deployed before trying to use the foot pedal.
Posted By: Roll Tide Ranger

Re: Motorguide i5 TM - 07/06/15 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: javelin150
make sure the trolljng motor is deployed before trying to use the foot pedal.

Agreed!!!

Re: Motorguide i5 TM - 07/06/15 02:15 AM

Thanks guys. The boat is on the trailer so the tm may not be deployed enough. It is working great with the hand remote.

Re: Motorguide i5 TM - 07/06/15 02:23 AM

Just curious....When you hold down the anchor button you should get one beep for when the foot pedal is on. Two beeps means it is off.

You may be aware of this but I dont remember if the manual said that or not.

Re: Motorguide i5 TM - 07/06/15 03:43 AM

Yes that is happening but the tm does not respond to any commands. I am calling m/g tomorrow and they can help or send me a new one. I dont see me using the foot control that much. I like the hand remote.
Posted By: fe1

Re: Motorguide i5 TM - 07/07/15 05:52 PM

Please let us know what happens.I'm very close to ordering one and would like to know what to expect.
Originally Posted By: ridinonthepad
Yes that is happening but the tm does not respond to any commands. I am calling m/g tomorrow and they can help or send me a new one. I dont see me using the foot control that much. I like the hand remote.
Posted By: rmedoc

Re: Motorguide i5 TM - 07/07/15 08:55 PM

I had same issue with mine. I scrapped the included batteries and put in fresh ones. It fixed the problem after resynch.

Now it works great

Hope you have same luck.

Re: Motorguide i5 TM - 07/11/15 05:12 AM

I tried new batterie and no change. It takes the foot control a long time to sync where you get the series of beeps. I do get aural beep for ON and 2 beeps for OFF. for fe1 I have the t/m installed but havent used it in the water because I live on Texoma and everything is still,flooded but I have tested the hand remote and I think I am going to like it. I went with the i5 over ipilot because there are too many reviews the ipilot will drift away from a waypoint when it is anchored.

Re: Motorguide i5 TM - 07/15/15 02:13 AM

Did you end up calling MG? I know some of the older models had issues with foot pedals right out of the box so depending on how long it was on the shelf maybe you got an older unit??
Posted By: fishinginthedark05

Re: Motorguide i5 TM - 07/15/15 09:13 PM

Had this problem. Disconnected the TM from the battery, synced everything again and it worked. Haven't had a problem since.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum