Texas Fishing Forum

HB 999 & 1199

Posted By: Bob Landry

HB 999 & 1199 - 07/04/15 04:53 PM

Still undecided on which to add to the front of my boat. I already have a 1199 on the console. Are the functions/features the same between the two with the difference being screen size and resolution?
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: HB 999 & 1199 - 07/04/15 05:23 PM

They do the same thing the same way with the same transducer.

The smaller display will have a higher pixel density and sharper looking images up close. The 1199 will display stuff in a larger size with the same unit settings.

If you end up with the two sizes, put the 1199 at the bow. BIGGER is better from a distance.

Re: HB 999 & 1199 - 07/04/15 07:12 PM

I'll probably put the smaller one on the bow. The rear unit is sitting on the console and is further from my back deck fishing chair than the front one will be from the front deck chair. The front one is also going to be mounted on an extendable pedestal post so I can get that one at eye level if I want to. I think I want to network them so when I'm in the rear chair and my buddy is up front, I can see what is directly below the bow of the boat. Just when I thought I was done rigging out this boat.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: HB 999 & 1199 - 07/04/15 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
I'll probably put the smaller one on the bow. The rear unit is sitting on the console and is further from my back deck fishing chair than the front one will be from the front deck chair. The front one is also going to be mounted on an extendable pedestal post so I can get that one at eye level if I want to. I think I want to network them so when I'm in the rear chair and my buddy is up front, I can see what is directly below the bow of the boat. Just when I thought I was done rigging out this boat.

You will need a AS EC QDE Ethernet adaptor for each unit and an Ethernet cable for that setup. You will be able to share sonar data, GPS data, and temp data in any combination you want.
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: HB 999 & 1199 - 07/08/15 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
Still undecided on which to add to the front of my boat. I already have a 1199 on the console. Are the functions/features the same between the two with the difference being screen size and resolution?

I had a 998 at the console, bought a 1199 and put that on the console and moved the 998 to the bow on a dek-it mount. I think that was the best choice.

Re: HB 999 & 1199 - 07/08/15 10:36 PM

That's what I'm going to do. My rear deck fishing chair is further from the console than I would be from the screen sitting in the bow chair so I need the bigger screen for the rear. What's really cool is that I will be able to see SI & DI data from either transducer at either display.
Now i just need to get the power and Ethernet cable from the console to the bow. SeaArk did not leave any openings to run wires. I think I can run it down the center of the boat and just let it lay on top of the keel extrusion in the trough that's on top. The power wire will be jacketed two conductor and I'll put the Ethernet cable in loom just to give it a little more protection. I can add a 12V plug to the box that houses the trolling motor plug and the nav light socket.
Just when I think I'n finished with this boat...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum