Texas Fishing Forum

Transducer mounting On Terova

Posted By: Garey

Transducer mounting On Terova - 07/03/15 02:56 PM

I have a Terrova trolling motor and love being able to operate wireless. The problem I have is the internal transducer in the unit only supports 2D sonar and I would like to use down or side imaging. Of course that means using an external transducer mounted to the bottom of the motor. I am concerned about the cable then getting tangled around the shaft using or stowing the trolling motor. I'm interested in what others are experiencing with this. How do you secure the cable so the TM can be stowed and deployed.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Transducer mounting On Terova - 07/03/15 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Garey
I have a Terrova trolling motor and love being able to operate wireless. The problem I have is the internal transducer in the unit only supports 2D sonar and I would like to use down or side imaging. Of course that means using an external transducer mounted to the bottom of the motor. I am concerned about the cable then getting tangled around the shaft using or stowing the trolling motor. I'm interested in what others are experiencing with this. How do you secure the cable so the TM can be stowed and deployed.

Does the shaft have the groove in it?
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Transducer mounting On Terova - 07/03/15 03:17 PM

Posts #9, #12, and #17 here:

http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-sona...n-resource.html

Only the Humminbird cables are small enough to work this way.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Transducer mounting On Terova - 07/03/15 11:22 PM

Post the brand of graph you have and I'll show my setup if you don't have a Hbird.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum