Texas Fishing Forum

Compressor help

Posted By: Trebor Neil

Compressor help - 06/27/15 03:09 PM

Have a air compressor (Horizontal tank on wheels), its an older unit, although has worked great, now when I plug it in it just whines (Buzz) I instantly turn it off, have checked, both motor and compressor turn easily, also compressor is full of oil, A few years ago I think I could have fixed it, just getting too darned old, and really don't want to take it to a regular repair shop, any useable suggestions ?
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Compressor help - 06/27/15 03:40 PM

Probably the start capacitor. Easy fix.

Re: Compressor help - 06/27/15 04:36 PM

97fordnut,

Yah, that's my thought also

For you : Easy

For me (83 yrs old) nope! One handed (4 useabe fingers on other) know enough about electricity to hurt myself. smile

Wish you were closer, ready to pay a handiman.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Compressor help - 06/27/15 04:45 PM

do you want me to come by tue afternoon? gonna be at fork prefishing for a tourney.

Re: Compressor help - 06/27/15 04:51 PM

Hop,

Would really appreciate it, if you have the time, think it might be simple, which incedentally makes it darned near impossible for me.

give me a call if you can make it: PM for number
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Compressor help - 06/27/15 04:54 PM

Probably the cap. What model? Maybe we can figure out what cap it needs and get one on hand for a fix.
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Compressor help - 06/27/15 05:12 PM

If you can get the model and frame size off the motor would help to determine the cap size or it may have it on the plate. Not going to Mineola for another week or two.
Posted By: DaveRTX

Re: Compressor help - 06/27/15 08:46 PM

Is the cap bulged or leaking?

Re: Compressor help - 06/28/15 03:01 AM

Dave,

Nope.looks ok
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum