Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics Updates

Posted By: Corey Stanley

Navionics Updates - 06/04/15 07:43 PM

You can now use a competitors mapping card to activate a Navionics Updates card for only $99. It does not require you do to anything to your existing mapping card, it only earmarks the card so that only one updates card can be used per existing card. So you will have 2 full functional mapping cards after activation.

Check more out here:
http://www.navionics.com/en/navionics-updates

Also, check out the following video on the process:
https://youtu.be/FiB9TJu9T6Q
Posted By: SNAKEBIT

Re: Navionics Updates - 06/09/15 06:35 PM

so my old card is SD. new Lowrance HDS 12 G3 is micro SD.
how does that work?

thanks
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Navionics Updates - 06/09/15 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: SNAKEBIT
so my old card is SD. new Lowrance HDS 12 G3 is micro SD.
how does that work?

thanks

All currrent Navionics cards are microSD and they come with a SD adaptor.
Navionics has been using microSD for several years.

Re: Navionics Updates - 06/10/15 06:10 PM

Snakebit, by old card, how old do you mean? Could you give me more info on it and I can give you a few more options on a path forward. Wayne is correct in the MicroSD explanation, but let me know what chip yu have exactly and we can look at a way to get to what you need.
Posted By: SNAKEBIT

Re: Navionics Updates - 06/15/15 06:56 PM

"07" or "08"
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Navionics Updates - 06/15/15 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SNAKEBIT
"07" or "08"

S3 is 2007
S4 is 2008
S5 is 2009

Purchase the Navionics UPDATE card and use you present card to activate it and you end up with the Navionics+ version that is customizable with no regional restrictions like you have now.
You get Nautical Charts (Navionics data), Sonar Charts ( user generated data), and Community Edits. Updateable for a year.

Re: Navionics Updates - 06/16/15 01:27 PM

Wayne is spot on, also, I notice you are in the Garland area. Doug Yates at the BPS there in Garland can get you fully setup wit the the Update card, as well as answer any question you may want answered in person. If you have any questions in the process of the updates card or with the data you will get feel free to ask away. Glad to help!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum