Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird RC1 Remote Control

Posted By: Doug Vahrenberg

Humminbird RC1 Remote Control - 06/03/15 04:01 AM

I just recently installed and have been playing with the NEW Humminbird RC1 Bluetooth Remote Control and been very impressed with what Humminbird has created. Not only does it allow you to MARK Waypoints but allows you to customize the buttons to control the features or functions you want to control. Always thought it would be a great idea for adverse conditions on the water or for anglers that fish away from the unit, but after using it recently have been using more and more to adjust the unit to fine tune the settings that I would otherwise normally live without because of the distance to make a small change...now a quick tap of the button and I can make the adjustment for the current conditions. Never imagined I'd use it as much as I have been doing. It's an optional accessory for CORE (800, 900 or 1100 Series), ONIX, and ION Units.

Installation Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8wVnIGfgcw

Button Customization Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyH3iWmL2g4

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here is a few screen captures of the numerous features you can control with the +/-, Menu, or Menu Press and Hold buttons.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BlueTuna

Re: Humminbird RC1 Remote Control - 06/03/15 04:14 AM

On my new Onix I find myself flipping through lots of views, especially when I have my 360 deployed. So I assume I could program this Bluetooth remove to move between views and also use the ILink features etc...? It would really save a lot of moving back and forth to the unit.

Re: Humminbird RC1 Remote Control - 06/03/15 05:26 PM

The Bottom "<" & ">" allow you to switch between views. I have another video coming that shows this feature from some on the water usage with the RC1. I was shocked how much I used it so far in my testing. Especially for minor changes I would otherwised lived without making a change because the ease of making an adjustment now.
Posted By: Streetwalker

Re: Humminbird RC1 Remote Control - 06/03/15 09:34 PM

Been looking at that little guy. Might have to pick one up. Right now I'm working on getting the new Terrova motor and ethernet switch installed.

Re: Humminbird RC1 Remote Control - 06/04/15 01:12 AM

Humminbird RC1 Remote Control for the CORE (800,900,1100 Series) ONIX or ION make it easier to adjust your unit while on the water. Here is some of the things I've been doing while on the water. "I never imagined I would use this remote as often as I am doing now. Settings and Functions I use to live with because I was fishing or to lazy to bend over are now done easily with a simple push of a button"

Probably the best investment an angler can make to get the most out of their Humminbirds!

Posted By: BlueTuna

Re: Humminbird RC1 Remote Control - 06/04/15 03:30 AM

One thing I noticed about the remote that comes with ILink, it only takes about a day and half to complete wear down a charge. I find myself having to charge it at least after every second trip. I purchased the mini remote made by Humminbird so I could move around the boat more and save the charge on the big remote. However it just has very basic features (no ILink features). This Bluetooth remote is going on my short list of things to get! Thanks for the reviews.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum