Texas Fishing Forum

Carpet for seat covers in a small dinghy?

Posted By: Suvi

Carpet for seat covers in a small dinghy? - 05/31/15 03:16 PM

Hi all,

not sure if this is the right place to ask.. did a search and didn't really see anything about covering seats in a small john boat.

I have a small aluminum 17 foot john boat that needs seats covered. Any ideas what to use or where to get materials? Yes, I am little picky, since it is my girly get-away, and has to be comfy for ladies sensitive behinds and look somewhat nice.

Most marine carpet seems to be grey or green etc., and not sure if that is the best way to go.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed!! Thanks smile
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Carpet for seat covers in a small dinghy? - 05/31/15 07:44 PM

Are you carpeting all of the inside or just the seats? To me those metal seats would never be comfortable so I would buy normal boat seats and attach and just have some carpet so the metal isn't as hot to the touch.

Re: Carpet for seat covers in a small dinghy? - 06/01/15 09:14 PM

Thanks Bobby! I am looking for any ideas. The boat has "benches" that I thought would be easy enough to cover, not sure how those would come out. I will look into the seats, that may be a good solution!! laugh

Re: Carpet for seat covers in a small dinghy? - 06/01/15 09:14 PM

Thanks Bobby! I am looking for any ideas. The boat has "benches" that I thought would be easy enough to cover, not sure how those would come out. I will look into the seats, that may be a good solution!! laugh
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum