Texas Fishing Forum

Keel Guard?

Posted By: Smurfs

Keel Guard? - 05/10/15 10:06 PM

Thinking of installing a Keel Guard. Worth it or not. if so where is the cheapest place to purchase one? Academy has them for $129.00
Thanks for Input!
Posted By: RL206

Re: Keel Guard? - 05/11/15 12:49 AM

They claim to have a lifetime guarantee, free replacement if it wears out or falls off. Mine wore a hole in it and they offered to send me a new one for half price. That's not what free replacement means to me. I'm not doing any business with them anymore. To answer your question, yes they do help protect the hull.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Keel Guard? - 05/14/15 12:46 PM

I had one I installed on my old boat and it was still there and in good shape when I sold it 5 years after install but the Hambys I have on my new boat I think is way better and will last alot longer.
Posted By: Allan W

Re: Keel Guard? - 05/14/15 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Smurfs
Thinking of installing a Keel Guard. Worth it or not. if so where is the cheapest place to purchase one? Academy has them for $129.00
Thanks for Input!

Mine fell off after about 3 years...
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Keel Guard? - 05/14/15 06:40 PM

I wore a hole in one of mine and they did send me a new one free. But the removal of the old one was a bear. I had a Hamby's put on a couple of years later. The Keel Guards are a light weight guard and don't hold up to rocks or other abrasive objects for very long.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Keel Guard? - 05/14/15 08:17 PM

Line X thumb
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Keel Guard? - 05/17/15 04:11 AM

Best prices I found was here. http://www.blackbearsportinggoods.com/Keelguard_7ft_Blk_p/ellmega20207.htm Haven't hit the first year, but so far, so good.
Posted By: ScottCook

Re: Keel Guard? - 05/17/15 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By: T Bird
Line X thumb

to do the install or have Line X applied to protect the keel.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum