Texas Fishing Forum

Fuses on Power Poles

Posted By: Nitro27

Fuses on Power Poles - 05/03/15 12:49 AM

I've got a set of 10' blades and I keep blowing the fuse. It only happens when I pick them back up. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Fuses on Power Poles - 05/03/15 09:58 AM

The key may be that you say you keep blowing "THE fuse" when you say you have a SET of Power Pole Blades. Power Pole pumps require the stated fuse size PER PUMP. If you have two pumps (for two poles) then you need TWO fuse-holders - one for each pump. Do you have one or two fuse circuits?

Blades require a 40 amp fuse per anchor while other models require a 30 amp fuse for each anchor. DO NOT wire two pumps together on one fuse. If the power poles are set up with the + leads tied together going through one fuse, you have caused the issue by violating specs. The power leads to the pumps are not sized to handle enough power to install a 2X amp fuse. That is why it is unsafe and unwise to wire two pumps on one fuse.

BTW, most install a small battery switch so that the pole power can be interrupted as the C-Monster wireless receiver draws power 24/7. You can't use a conventional switch because of the 30 to 40 amp load.
Posted By: Nitro27

Re: Fuses on Power Poles - 05/03/15 09:08 PM

Thanks for the help. Installed a 40 amp fuse per pump, solved the problem. Thanks again
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum