Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird 1159ci hd problem

Posted By: I Got Worms

Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/15/15 10:46 PM

Has anyone had this issue? When powering up is freezes up on the humminbird logo screen buttons do not respond I tried pressing power and view button to reboot and it does nothing.

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/15/15 10:49 PM

It was working fine yesterday it was running and I started the engine it turned off and started to reboot and froze like that the only way to turn it off is unplug it. I updated it about three weeks ago.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/16/15 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: justinneedsabeer
It was working fine yesterday it was running and I started the engine it turned off and started to reboot and froze like that the only way to turn it off is unplug it. I updated it about three weeks ago.

Fix your low power issue.

When the unit shuts down when you start the outboard, that means you do not have enough battery capacity to do both at the same time or you have too much resistance in the wiring to support the unit when the starter is engaged.

Did you extend the unit power cord directly to the battery?
Is the battery fully charged and in good condition with clean and tight connections?

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/16/15 08:43 AM

Battery is fully charged have a perko switch and two batteries and eather one does the same thing the unit is hooked up to the boats fuse panel on its on circuit I'll try hooking it stright to the battery tomorrow. I have a lowrance hds 7 touch unit hooked up the same way and never had an issue. I'm going to call humminbird tech support tomorrow also

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/16/15 10:49 PM

They said I have to send it In for repairs.
Posted By: Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/19/15 04:42 PM

Wire it direct with Minimum of 14 Gauge Wire, Solder Connections and use a 3 amp blade style fuse at the Battery. this video explains powersupply to electronics more in detail

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/20/15 06:16 PM

It's not a power issue it's a software thing I sent it back to humminbird I put my bow unit an 1158c di on the console it worked fine untill yesterday I did the update 7.53 it and now it has a different problem and now it has to go back to humminbird. I'm #%^*! Pissed. My lowrance hds 7 gen 3 works great and thank god I have it I will be selling all my humminbird equipment as soon as they mail back the units bummer part is the 360 imaging pole is going to leave holes in my boat.

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/20/15 06:40 PM

Also I tried boath units hooked directly to a hot battery I never had any problems untill the new updates and boath units did the same thing on the console or the bow power supplys.

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/20/15 06:43 PM

The 1158 powers on and when you hit exit to continue it says shutting down and powers off and powers back on doing the same thing over and over agin tried it on 3 different power sources it worked fine untill I updated to 7.53 I want a new update but there's not one seems stupid to have to send the unit back in.

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/20/15 06:46 PM

And i got cut off in The middle of tech support after 35 min on the phone and every time I try and call back I get a busy signal.

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/20/15 06:59 PM

And check this out voltage 0.00 but yet it's powered on same result on three diff power sources at least I got a hole 12 hours use of it before it crapped out.

Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/20/15 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: justinneedsabeer
And check this out voltage 0.00 but yet it's powered on same result on three diff power sources at least I got a hole 12 hours use of it before it crapped out.

Yep, that needs a trip back to the factory.

Mondays are their busiest day. Try again tomorrow. Ask for a return authorization mailing label.

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/20/15 08:03 PM

Ahh that explains the busy signals when I call

Re: Humminbird 1159ci hd problem - 04/21/15 08:40 PM

This is day two of busy signals when I call humminbird tech support.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum