Texas Fishing Forum

how many of you use chartplotting on your FRONT fishfinder?

Posted By: plasma800

how many of you use chartplotting on your FRONT fishfinder? - 04/12/15 07:24 PM

Trying to decide between the 7x and the 7 Gold, it's about a $200 dollar difference.

I have chartplotting at my touch 9 on the console, not sure if I should spring for the chartplotter up front too, or just leave that off and stick to downscan there at that position?

So I was curious, how many of you use chartplotting up front?
Posted By: Dayne

Re: how many of you use chartplotting on your FRONT fishfinder? - 04/12/15 09:26 PM

I use it all the time. I want to be able to find wpts and fish them. Also, I have a trail recording all the time so that I can run a bank a second or third time and keep the boat as close as possible to what it was earlier and the track helps a bunch. For me it is more important up front than on the bow.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: how many of you use chartplotting on your FRONT fishfinder? - 04/12/15 10:10 PM

I too use my chartplotter at the front w/ a split sonar. Besides wanting to share the wpts, I depend on the chartplotter for structure (creeks, road beds, etc) provided from my map card....
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: how many of you use chartplotting on your FRONT fishfinder? - 04/14/15 07:34 PM

Definitely opt of the chart plotter! I don't have my HB graphs linked, but I'll use a marker buoy and then with the TM I'll locate the structure or cover I initially wanted to fish and mark it on my bow graph. Then I have a buoy to watch and a gps way point.
Posted By: plasma800

Re: how many of you use chartplotting on your FRONT fishfinder? - 04/17/15 03:08 PM

Cool, my new Elite 7 Chirp just showed up in the mail smile WITH chartplotting banana

Ordered it from the gps store
Posted By: Dosser

Re: how many of you use chartplotting on your FRONT fishfinder? - 04/18/15 06:40 PM

I just installed garmin 70s on my console and bow, first time for good electronics up front but I plan to use the chartplotting as it is linked with my console unit
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum